- Various Places in Fukui Prefecture, URL: http://www.fctv.jp/fctv/camera.html, site title: Fukui Cable Television, camera titles, from the top: #1 Mikuni Sunset Beach, Kuzuryu River, #2, Road No. 8 Fukui Ohashi, #3East of the Fukui Station, Onamachi Intersection, #4 Ashiba River, Kida Bridge, #5 Ikeda Town, Ashiba River, Cultural Exchange Center
- Ichijodani Mr. Asakura Remains, URL: http://www.city.fukui.lg.jp/sisei/kohou/hp/p004723.html, address: Ichijodani Mr. Asakura Remains, Kidonouchi-cho, Fukui-shi, Fukui, 910-2153, camera title: Ichijodani Mr. Asakura Remains Chinese Gate Live, Camera, site title: Fukui City Office
- Fukui-jo Castle, Fukui City, URL: http://www.city.fukui.lg.jp/sisei/kohou/hp/p004721.html, address: 3-10-1 Ote, Fukui City, Fukui 910-8511, camera title: Fukui Castle, site title: Fukui City Office, the camera view from the sixth floor of the City Office Building, web site: Fukui City Office
- Fukui City Area, URL: http://www.ib-sol.co.jp/monica/monica_livecam.html, address: Fukui Office, iB Sokution Co., Ltd., 66-20-2 Imaichi-cho, Fukui-shi, Fukui 918-8152, site title: iB Sokution Co., Ltd.
- Echizen Town, URL: http://www.town.echizen.fukui.jp/webworks/web/about/livecamera.html, address: 13-5-1 Nishi Tanaka, Echizen-cho, Nyu-gun, Fukui 916-0192, site title: Echizen Town Office, camera titles, from the top: #1 Narcissus Land, #2 Active House Echizen, #3 Echizen Coast Disaster Camera, #4 Doko Disaster Camera, #5 Yoneno Disaster Camera, web site: Echizen Town Office
- Red Panda, Nishiyama Zoo, URL: http://www.city.sabae.fukui.jp/pageview.html?id=5087, address: 3-8-9 Sakura-cho, Sabae City, Fukui, Nishiyama Zoo, site title: Sabae City Office web site: Sabae City
- Wakasa Wada Bathing Beach, URL: http://www.wakasawadakankou.jp/camera/index.html, address: Wada, Takahama-cho, Oi-gun, Fukui, site title: Wakasa Wada Navi, Wakasa Wada Tourism Association
- Mizushima, Tsuruga City, URL: http://www.omoya.net/camera.html, address: 26-31-1 Irohama, Tsuruga-shi, Fukui 914-0844, camera title: Mizushima, Live Camera, site title: Omoya Inn Annex
- Monju, Tsuruga City, URL: http://www.jaea.go.jp/04/monju/category04/mj_panorama/vcmonju.html, address: 2-1 Shiraki, Tsuruga-shi, Fukui 919-1279, camera title: Monju, Panorama Photo, site title: Fast Breeder Reactor Research and Development Center, Monju, Japan Atomic Energy Agency, web site: Monju web site
- Tsuruga City, URL: http://www.ton21.ne.jp/about_city/koho/livecamera/livecamera.html, address: Tsuruga City Hall, 2-1-1 Chuo-cho, Tsuruga-shi, Fukui 914-8501, camera title:Landscape from Tsuruga city hall rooftop, site title: Tsuruga City Official Site, web site: Tsuruga City
- Nishiura, Tsuruga Port, RCN, Shono River, JR Tsuruga Station, URL: http://www.rcn.ne.jp/java/livecam/index.html, site title: Tsuruga Information Site, “Menet”, camera title:
Tsururga Live Camera, Click the camera icons in the map.
- Suishohama Bathing Beach, URL: http://www.wakasamihama.jp/umi/camera.html, address: Mihama Commerce and Tourism Division, 25-25 Goichi, Mihama-cho, Mikata-gun, Fukui 919-1192, site title: Wakasa Mihama, the beatiful nature with the blessing of the Sea of Japan, web site: Wakasa Mihama
- Umeura, Echizen-cho, URL: http://www.divingcenter-log.co.jp/kaiyou.html, address: 114-91 Umeura, Echizen-cho, Nyu-gun, Fukui 916-0311, site title: DIVING CENTER LOG, camera title: Umeura Oceanographic Conditions (Locatede 30m south from the LOG)
- Ono City, URL: http://www.city.ono.fukui.jp/page/1000/livescope.html, site title: Ono City Office, camera titles, from the top: #1 National Highway Route 158 and Kuzuryu River, from Hotel Furearu Izumi, 63-2-24 Shimoyama, Ono City, Fukui 912-0207, #2 Kuzuryu Sky Area and Mt. Sagikura, from Park Hotel Kuzuryu, 14-3 Kakuno, Ono City, Fukui, #3 Itoshiro River, from Maesaka Family Travel Village (Not available in winter)
- Awara Onsen, URL: http://www.awara.ryokan.name/page/awaracam, address: Awara Onsen, Funatsu, Awara-shi, Fukui, site title: Hokuriku Accommodation, Fukui
- Rivers in Fukui, URL: http://ame.pref.fukui.jp/bousai/main.html?fnm=openMap&no=15&no2=0, site title: Fukui General Information on Rivers and Erosion Control, cameras, from the top: #1 Takeda River, Harumiya Awara City, #2 Sokokui River, Bunkyo 5, Fukui City, #3 Ara River, Katsumi 1, Fukui City, #4 Ashiba River, Terute, Fukui City, #5 Kitsune River, Wakasugi, Fukui City, #6 Ebata River, Ebata-cho, Fukui, #7 Asamizu River, Toribane-cho, Sabae City, #8 Yoshinose River, Iehisa-cho, Echizen City, #9 Hino RIver, Horikawa-cho,
Echizen City, Click the camera icons in the map.
- Rivers in Fukui, URL: http://www.kkr.mlit.go.jp/fukui/, site title: Fukui Rivers and Roads, camera titles, from the left: #1 Kita River, Takatsuka, Obama City, #2 Hino River, Fukaya, Fukui City, #3 Kuzuryu River, Nakakado, Fukui City, #4 Kuzuryu River, Naruka Ozeki, Fish Waterway, Click the samll camera icons in the map.
- Roads in Fukui, URL: http://www.fukui-mlit.com/douro/cctv/, site title: Road Conditions Live View, camera titles from the top: #1 National Highway Route 8, Akasaki, Tsuruga City, #2 National Highway Route 8, Tai, Tsuruga City, #3 National Highway Route 8, Hikida, Tsuruga City, #4 National Highway Route 161, Hikida, Tsuruga City, #5 National Highway Route 27, Miyake, Wakasa-cho, #6 National Highway Route 27, Sekiya, Takahama-cho
Fukui Prefecture Tourism Information
The Fukui prefectural capital is Fukui City. The population of the prefecture is 800,000. The prefectural flower is narcissus and 3/4 of the prefectural land is forest. In Fukui City there is Ichijodani ruins that Sengoku Daimyo Asakura Yoshikage was based in. “Echizengani (Echizen crab)” and “Koshihikari (variety of rice)” are renowned as specialty products. Koshihikari is now in production all over the country, but it is a breed originally developed by Fukui Prefecture in 1956. Fukui rice is popular as the birthplace of Koshihikari. “Echizen coast”, “Mikatagoko (Mikata five lakes)”, “Tojinbo”, “Eiheiji (temple)”, “Obamanokosatsu (ancient temples in Obama)”, “Awara Onsen” and “Dinosaur Museum” are famous as tourist attractions.
In addition, there are about 55 nuclear power plants throughout the country and 15 of them are located in Fukui Prefecture, and it has become national one agglomerations of nuclear power plants. In Katsuyama City, dinosaur fossils were excavated and Japan’s largest Dinosaur Museum was built. Dinosaur bones and other numerous specimens, dioramas, visual materials are on display in the museum, and it is one of tourism attractions in Fukui Prefecture where more than 500,000 people visit annually.
Tojinbo in Sakai City is a cliff that is designated as a national natural monument. Overlooking the sea from the cliff as many as 25m of height is a masterpiece and you can also look up it from the sea using a pleasure boat. The origin of the name “Tojinbo” is derived from the monk “Tojinbo” who overlaid the evil and was pushed down from the cliff by Magaragakunen because of the tangle of romantic relationship.
Awara Onsen in the city of Awara is a hot spring that continued from 1883. There are accommodations of 15 hotels in the spa town that is visited by one million people a year.
Moreover, it is said that Fukui cannot be told without mentioning Echizen crab and Echizen crab that is caught off the coast Echizen is loved as the king of taste of winter. If you stay at hotels in Fukui, you can almost always see it. Tourists choose Fukui to visit to eat it. Echizen crab grows up in a tough environment and in the terrain that is suitable for the habitat of the crab off the coast of Echizen. It is sweet and delicious.
The local cuisines are “Echizen Oroshi Soba“, which is the boiled buckwheat noodles that are eaten with the soup stock and grated radish, and “Saba no Heshiko“, which is the preserved food in winter that are pickles of salted mackerel.