- Marunuma Heights, URL: http://www.marunuma.jp/live-camera/, address: Marunuma Kougen Guide, 4658-58 Higashi Ogawa, Katashina Village, Tone-gun, Gunma 378-0479, site title: Gunma Prefecture Marunuma Kogen Resort, Nikko Shirane-san Ropeway, Nikko National Park, camera titles, from the left : #1 Nikko Shirane-san (Mt. Shirane), 2578m above sea level, #2 Ropeway Mountain Top, 2000m above sea level, #3 Auto Camping, 1500m above sea level, #4 Summer Slopes, 1400m above sea level, #5 National Highway No.120, the entrance of Marunuma Kougen
- Marunuma Plateau, URL: http://www.morinokaze.jp/, address: Pension Morinokaze, 4658-47 Higashiogawa, Katashina-mura, Tone-gun, Gunma 378-0414, site title: MARUNUMA KOHGEN Pension Mori no Kaze, The camera shows the view of Marunuma Plateau’s Sky Area from the Pension. Click the green banner nex to the camera image in the lower middle of the site.
- Hanasaki Onsen, Katashina Village, URL: http://www.hanasakunoyu.com/main/modules/tinyd1/, address: Hanasakinoyu, 1113 Hanasaki, Katashina-mura, Tone-gun, Gunma 378-0408, site title: Hana no Eki Katashina, Hanasaki Onsen
- Hotaka Bokujo Sky Resort, URL: http://hotakabokujo.jp/livecam/, address: 2797-2 Hanasaki, Katashina-mura, Tone-gun, Gunma 378-0408, site title: Katashina Hotaka Bokujo Sky Resort, camera titles: #1 Yanagisawa Ski Slopes, the view of the fifth lift from the Rest House Ponny, #2 Nigodaira (Active Park)
- Ogna Hotaka Sky Resort, URL: http://ognahotaka.jp/livecam/, address: Hotakayama, Hanasaki, Katashina-mura, Tone-gun, Gunma 378-0408, site title: Katashina Snow Pal OGNA Hotaka, camera title: From the restaurant, the camera in front of the Second Romance Lift
- Mt. Asahi, Minakami Plateau, URL: http://www.e-yoshinoya.com/livecam, address: 3737 Fujiwara, Minakami-cho, Tone, Gunma, site title: Minshuku Yoshinoya (Hotel Yoshinoya), the hotel srrounded by the mountains in Minakami Fujiwara, Gunma, camera title: Minshuku Yoshinoya Live Camera, #1: The Sentaro Museum is on the left side. The mountain on the lef hand is Mt. Ameyobi and the innermost mountain is Mt. Asahi.
- Hotel Syojuen, Minakami Town, address: 1048 Sarugakyo Onsen, Minakami-cho, Tone-gun, Gunma 379-1403, site title: Sarugakyo Hot Springs Syojuen, Sarugakyo Sangoku Onsenkyo, Minakami Town, Gunma Prefecture, camera title: Sarugakyo Syojuen Live Video, the view of the town and the weather
- Snowshoe, Minakami Town, URL: http://www.fw-snowshoe.com/live.php, address: 191-12 Yubiso, Minakami-cho, Tone-gun, Gunma, site title: Forest & Water Snow Shoe, The camera is useful for those who are planning to participate in a snow shoe tour. It shows the landscape of snow in Minakami Town.
- Auto Camper’s Area Naramata, Minakami Town, URL: http://www.norn.co.jp/camp/, address: Auto Camper’s Area Naramata, 479-139 Terama, Minakami-machi, Tone-gun, Gunma 379-1614, camra title: Today’s Naramata, site title: Auto Camper’s Area Naramata
- Numata City, URL: http://www.fm-oze.co.jp/ (camera not in operation), address: Numata FM Broadcasting Co., Ltd., Green Bell 5F, 888 Shimono-cho, Numata-shi, Gunma, site title: FM OZE 76.5MHz, camera title: Numata City Live View (in the lower left of the site)
- Numata City, URL: http://www.oze.or.jp/livecamera/index.html, address: Tone Numata Cultural Center, 1801-2 Uehara-cho, Numata-shi, Gunma 378-0051, site title: Oze Net, English web site
- Mt. Togami, URL: http://puffy.org/live/index.html, address: Togami-cho, Numata-shi, Gunma 378-0001, site title: Mt. Togami, 24 hour Live Broadcasting, camera title: Togamiya Live Camera
- Shiman River and Shiman Onsen, Azuma-gun, URL: http://www.kashiwaya.org/live, address: 3829 Shiman, Nakanojo-machi, Azuma-gun, Gunma 377-0601, site title: Shiman Hot Springs Hotel Kashiwaya, Gunma
- Lake Baragi and Campanya Tsumagoi Campground, URL: http://www.muji.net/camp/CAMP/cgi-bin/LIVECAMERA.CGI?g=003, address: Baragi Kogen, Senmata, Tsumagoi-mura, Azuma-gun, Gunma, site title: MUJI OUTDOOR WEB, Campanya Campground
- Mt. Asama, URL: http://bousai.maechan.net/volcano/asama/maechan2/latest.shtml, address: Ozasa, Tsumagoi-mura, Azuma-gun, Gunma (about 8.8km northwest from Mt. Asama), camera title: Maechan Net Camera 2
- Fujiwara Dam, Aimata Dam, Sonohara Dam, URL: http://www.ktr.mlit.go.jp/tonedamu/teikyo/visual/, address of Fujiwara Dam: Yogo, Minakami-machi, Tone-gun, Gunma, address of Aimata Dam: 1493 Aimata, Minakami-machi, Tone-gun, Gunma, address of Sonomata Dam: 2378 Sonohara, Tone-cho, Numata-shi, Gunma, site title: Tone River, the Live Views of the Three Dams
- Yubatake and kusatsu International Sky Area, URL: http://www.kusatsu-onsen.ne.jp/live/, address: Kusatsu Onsen Tourism Association, 3-9 Kusatsu, Kusatsu-cho, Azuma-gun, Gunma 377-1711, site title: Yu Love Kusatsu, Kusatsu Hot Springs Tourism Assocation Site, camera title: KUSATSU LIVE!, camera #1 (blown): Yubatake, #2 (blue): Kusatsu International Sky Area
- Sainokawara Park (West Riverside Park), Kusatsu, URL: http://www.sizenken.biodic.go.jp/live/view.php?camera_no=82, address: 521-3 Kusatsu, Kusatsu-machi, Azuma-gun, Gunma, site title: Internet Nature Information System
- Kusatsu International Sky Resort, URL: http://www.kusatsu-kokusai.com/summer/index.html, site title: SNOW & SPA RESORT, KUSATSU, address: Kusatsu Snow & Spa Resort, 158 Hayashihan, Kusatsushiranekokuyurin, Kusatsu-machi, Azuma-gun, Gunma 377-1711, camera titles: # 1 (the top in the left menu) International Sky Area, #2 Yubatake, #3 West Riverside Park, #4 Mt. Shirane, #5 Ropeway, #6 Kid’s Park, English web site
- Mt. Asama and Mt. Shirane, URL: http://www.ktr.mlit.go.jp/tonesui/tonesui_index005.html, address: Tone River Water System Sabo (Erosion Control) Office, 121-1 Shibukawa, Shibukawa-shi, Gunma 377-8566, camera titles from the top: #1 The East of Mt. Asama Live View, address: Kita Karuizawa, Naganohara-machi, Azuma-gun, Gunma, #2 The West of Mt. Asama, address: Tashiro, Tsumagoi-mura, Azuma-gun, Gunma, #3 Kusatsu Shiranesan (Mt. Shirane) Live View, address: Ainemine, Kusatsu, Kusatsu-machi, Azuma-gun, Gunma
- Mt. Asama, URL: http://kuroda-k.net/, address: 1924 Kitakaruizawa, Naganohara-machi, Azuma-gun, Gunma 377-1412, site title: Kuroda Industrial Co., Ltd., camera title: Mt. Asama Live Camera, the view from the roof of the office
- Mt. Asama, URL: http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~nq5c-tnk/kitakaruizawa/index-m-1b.htm, address: Kuridaira, Kitakaruizawa (9.5km Northeast of Mt. Asama), site title: Kita Karuizawa Network, camera title: Kuridaira Camera 1B
- Kitakaruizawa Intersection, URL: http://www.kitakaruizawa.net/crossing/, address: Shibata Estate Co., Ltd., 1988-75 Kitakaruizawa, Naganohara-machi, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma 377-1412, camera title: National Highway Route 146 Kitakaruizawa intersection, site title: Kita Karuizawa Network
- Kuridaira, Kita Karuizawa, URL: http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~nq5c-tnk/kitakaruizawa/index-m-ks.htm,
camera title: Current Mt. Asama, Kitakaruizawa Kurihira high sensitivity, camera ks, site title: Kita Karuizawa Network
- Birding in Kitakaruizawa, URL: http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~nq5c-tnk/kitakaruizawa/index-m-yacho.htm, address: Kuridaira Lodge, Kuridaira, Kitakaruizawa, site title: Kita Karuizawa Network
- Streets in Nakanojo Town, URL: http://www.onsen-cafe.com/camera/, address: Shima Onsen Kashiwaya Cafe, 4237-45 Shima, Nakanojo-machi, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma 377-0601, site title: Shima Onsen Kashiwaya Cafe, the cafe in Shima Onsen, which is wrapped in retro Showa era and is popular for croquette burger and capuccino.
- Mt. Takeyama and Nakanojo Town, URL: http://www9.wind.ne.jp/socken/live/, site title: Kirara Agatsuma, camera #1 (the left) : Mt. Takeyama, the symbol of Nakanojo town, 789m above sea level , camera #2 (the right) : the weather camera towards Shima Onsen, address #1&2 : SOCKEN Co., Ltd., 126 Nishi Nakanojo, Nakanojo-machi, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma 377-0425
- Kazawa Snow Area, URL: http://www.kazawa.com/snow/, address: Kazawa Snow Area 1017 Tashiro, Tsumagoi-mura, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma 377-1614, site title: Kazawa Snow Area
- Nakanojo Town, URL: http://xn--6bt2ni15d.jp/service/webcam.html, address: Sawatari Onsen Miyataya Ryokan, 2163-3 Kamisawatari, Nakanojo-machi, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma 377-0541, site title: Miyataya Ryokan (Hotel), Japanese-style Inn, camera title: From the entrance of the hotel
- Gunma Astronomical Observatory, Takayama Village, URL: http://www.astron.pref.gunma.jp/webcam/sky.html, address:GUNMA ASTRONOMICAL OBSERVATORY, 6860-8 Nakayama, Takayama-mura, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma 377-0702, camera #1 (the top): The Current Sky at the Gunma Astronomical Observatory, camera #2: The Look around outdoor monuments
- Kurabuchi Village, URL: http://www5.wind.ne.jp/cgv/, site title: Welcome to Kurabuchi Village, camera title: Kurabuchi Haruna Web Camera, camera #1 (counting from the left), title & address : Warabidaira Forest Park, camera #2 : Hamayu Lodge, camera #3 : Welcom to Kurabuchi Village, Iwanaga, Kurabuchi-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma, the view of Mt. Haruna, camera #4 : Aimagawa Onsen, camera #5 : Makino Shuzo (Sake Brewing) Co., Ltd., the view of National Highway Route 406 from Nagaijuku, camera, #6 : Gonda Auto Co., Ltd., Gonda, Takasaki-shi, the view of National Highway Route 406, camera #7 : Tozenji Temple, camera #8 : Ohe Shouji (Commercial Company), the view of Mt. Soma, camera #9: Lake Haruna Romance Tei, camera #10 : Lake Haruna Kohantei
- Restaurant Masuike, Takasaki City, URL: http://www12.wind.ne.jp/masuike/, address: Gonda, Kurabuchi-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma 370-3401, site title: Masuike, camera title: Karasugawa Valley Railway Live Camera, Click the photo image in the upper left of the site.
- National Highway Route 406, Nagajuku, URL: http://www.makino-sake.co.jp/about-makino-brewery, address: Makino Brewery Inc., 2626-1 Gonda, Kurabuchi-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma 370-3401, camera title: National Highway from Nagaijuku, Click the photo image in the bottom left of the site.
- National Highway Route 406, Takasaki City, URL: http://www8.wind.ne.jp/h-gonda/index.html, address: Gonda Automotive Co., Ltd., 107 Gonda, Kurabuchi-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma 370-3401, site title: Gonda Automotive Co., Ltd., camera title: National Highway Route 406 Live Camera
- Hamayu Mountain Villa, Takasaki City, URL: http://www.hamayu.org/, address: Hamayu Sanso (mountain cottage), 27-80 Kawaura, Kurabuchi-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma 370-3405, camera title: Mountain Cottage Web Camera, site title: Kurabuchi Kawaura Onsen Hamayu Sanso
- Warabidaira Forest Park Campground, Takasaki City, URL: http://warabidaira.com/, address: Warabidaira Forest Park Camp Site, 27-9 Kawaura, Kurabuchi-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma 370-3405, camera title: Mt. Haruna District from Warabidaira Forest Park
- National Highways and Rivers, URL: http://www.ktr.mlit.go.jp/takasaki/takasaki_index009.html, address: Takasaki River National Highway Office, 6-41 Sakae-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma, site title: Takasaki River National Highway Office, Kanto Regional Development Bureau, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, The links of the live cameras are below the map. From the top, camera #1: Karasu River, Jonan Ohashi, Shigoka-machi, Takasaki City, Gunma, camera #2: National Highway Route 17, Tateiwa Bridge, Sangoku Tunnel in Niigata Prefecture, camera #3: National Highway Route 17, Joetsu Bridge, Sangoku Tunnel in Gunma Prefecture, Nagai, Minakami-machi, camera #4: National Highway Route 17 Hoshi Bridge, Nagai, Minakami-machi, camera #5: National Highway Route 17 Curve, Nagai, Minakami-machi, camera #6: National Highway Route 17 Sarugakyo Snow Station, 895 Sarugakyo Onsen, Minakami-machi, camera #7: National
Highway Route 18 Usui Bypass Highway Karuizawa Bridge, Karuizawa-machi, Kita Saku-gun, camera #8: Mt. Asama (Karuizawa), Karuizawa-machi, Kita Saku-gun
- Tozen-ji Temple, URL: http://tozenzi.cside.com/, address: Tozenji Temple, 169 Gonda, Kurabuchi-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma 370-3401, camera title: The Waterbasin in the Garden, the view from the office, Click the image below the e-mail address.
- Lake Haruna, URL: http://www12.wind.ne.jp/romansutei/pc/index.html, address: Harunako Romancetei, 848 Harunako-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma 370-3348, site title: Welcome to Lake Haruna, Harunako Romace Tei, Click the lake image in the right middle of the site.
- Tonegawa River, URL: http://www.ktr.mlit.go.jp/tonejo/cctv/, address: Tonegawa River Upstream Office, 2-19-1 Kurihashikita, Kuki-shi, Saitama 349-1198, site title: Tonegawa River Upstream Office
- The Town of Stone Steps, Ikaho, URL: http://www.city.shibukawa.lg.jp/kankou/onsen/livecamera.html, address: Shibukawa City Office, 80 Ishihara, Shibukawa-shi, Gunma 377-8501, site title: Shibukawa City, camera title: The town of stone steps is the main street of the town of hot springs in Shibukawa city.
- Maebashi City, URL: http://www.maebashi-cvb.com/live_cam/index.htm, site title: MAEBASHI-CITY GUIDE, camera title (green): The Top of Mt. Akagi #1 (the left): Mt. Akagi Tourist Guide Office (Shirakaba Ranch), Akagisan, Fujimi-machi, Maebashi-shi, Gunma, #2 Akagi Pond, Akagisan, Fujimi-machi, Maebashi-shi, Gunma, camera title (purple): The South of Mt. Akagi, #3 (the left): Ohgo Green Flower Ranch, 1369-1 Takikubo-cho, Maebashi-shi, Gunma, #4: Akagi Nanmen Senbonzakura (Akagi South Thousand Cherry Tree)
- The Treasure Garden, URL: http://www.cc9.jp/livecamera/index.html, address: 1050 Horiku-cho, Tatebayashi-shi, Gunma 374-0033, camera title: The Treasure Garden Live Video, the blue camera: Long Border Garden, the red camera: the Brilliant GardenTatebayashi City, address: TM 21 PLAZA, 2-5-47 Motomachi, Tatebayashi-shi, Gunma, site title: TM21 PLAZA, the view from the top floor of TM21 PLAZA
- The Precinct of the Kanmuri Inari Shrine, Ota City, URL: http://kanmuri.com/, address: 1 Hosoya-cho, Ota City, Gunma, site title: Yasuragi no Miya no Mori (The Forest of the Peace Shrine)
- Kanna Town, URL: http://www.town.kanna.gunma.jp/, address: Kanna Town Office, 90-6 Manba, Kanna-cho, Tano-gun, Gunma 370-1592, site title: Kanna Town, Click the Ustream Video in the right middle of the site.
- Ueno Village, URL: http://www.uenomura.ne.jp/, address: Ueno Town Office, 11 Kawawa, Ueno-mura, Tano-gun, Gunma 370-1614, site title: Ueno Village
Gunma Prefecture Tourism Information
Gunma Prefecture is in contact with Fukushima Prefecture and Niigata Prefecture in the north, Tochigi Prefecture in the east, Saitama Prefecture in the south, Nagano Prefecture in the west. The area of the prefectural land is 6,362 square kilometers. The northern prefecture and the western prefecture are mountainous areas, the southern part is a part of the Kanto Plain, and two thirds of the prefectural land is hilly. Since the shape of the prefectural land looks like a crane, it is called “Gunma Prefecture, the form of dancing crane”. Terrain and climate are different in the north and the south, the south is one of Japan’s leading heat wave regions, and the north cool is a cool region with harsh cold winter.
Most of the regions in the northern prefecture are specified in the heavy snowfall, and Katashina village of Tone-gun is specified in the special heavy snowfall. Katashina village, Minakami Village of Tone-gun and Agatsuma County Region in the north have lots of ski resorts because of often snow.
The prefectural population is about 2 million people and the population of the prefectural capital, Maebashi City, is about 340,000 people.
The prefecture name is derived from the prefectural capital, Gunma County, and Gunma means the rich land where horse herd. Gunma is called “Joshu” or “Jomo”, and it comes from the former Ueno County. Ueno County became Takasaki Prefecture after the domain system was abolished, and finally eight provinces were integrated and renamed Gunma Prefecture.
In addition, Gunma is the hot spring kingdom with more than 100 hot springs in the prefecture and there is are famous hot springs such as “Kusatsu Onsen”, “Ikaho Onsen”, “Minakami Onsen” and “Shima Onsen”. “Kusatsu Onsen” is a natural hot spring of water flowing directly from the hot spring source whose natural amount of discharge is the most in Japan. “Ikaho Onsen” has the town of stone steps that is full of emotion. “Minakami Onsen” is characterized by the beautiful valley of the Tone River upstream, “Shima Onsen” is popular because it is said to be the therapeutic bath that works in forty thousand diseases, and these places are high quality and rich natural hot spring areas.
There are local cuisines such as “Okkirikomi”, noodle dishes that homemade wide noodles of wheat flour and seasonal vegetables are stewed, “Namaimokonnyaku Ryori”, which is made from elephant foot, “Yakimanju (baked bun)”, the baked seamed buns that are stabed to bamboo skewers with sweet miso sauce.