- List of live cameras in Gunma Prefecture
- Maebashi City
- Takasaki City
- Kiryu City
- Isesaki City
- Ota City
- Fujioka City
- Tomioka City
- Annaka City
- Midori city
- Shinto Village
- Yoshioka Town
- Ueno Village
- Kanna Town
- Shimonita Town
- Nammoku Village
- Kanra Town
- Higashiagatsuma Town
- Tamamura Town
- Itakura Town
- Meiwa Town
- Chiyoda Town
- Oizumi Town
- Ora Town
- Numata City
- Nakanojo Town
- Naganohara Town
- Tsumagoi Village
- Kusatsu Town
- Takayama Village
- Katashina Village
- Kawaba Village
- Minakami Town
- All over the prefecture
- Gunma Prefecture Tourism Information
List of live cameras in Gunma Prefecture
- Maebashi City / “Maebashi Live Camera” Akagi Onuma, Akagiyama Tourist Information Center (Shirakaba Ranch), Akagi South Senbonzakura, Oko Green Flower Ranch / Maebashi Whole Guide
- Maebashi City, site title: MAEBASHI-CITY GUIDE, camera title (green): The Top of Mt. Akagi #1 (the left): Mt. Akagi Tourist Guide Office (Shirakaba Ranch), Akagisan, Fujimi-machi, Maebashi-shi, Gunma, #2 Akagi Pond, Akagisan, Fujimi-machi, Maebashi-shi, Gunma, camera title (purple): The South of Mt. Akagi, #3 (the left): Ohgo Green Flower Ranch, 1369-1 Takikubo-cho, Maebashi-shi, Gunma, #4: Akagi Nanmen Senbonzakura (Akagi South Thousand Cherry Tree)
- Fujiwara Dam, Aihara Dam and Mayuhara Dam, camera title: Dam Live Information, address: Tone River Dam Integrated Management Office, 593-1 Motosoja-machi, Maebashi-shi, Gunma-ken 371-0846, site title: Tone River Dam Integrated Management Office
- Kurabuchi Village, Takasaki City / Kurabuchi / Haruna Web Camera / Welcome to Kurabuchi Village
- Kurabuchi-machi, Takasaki-shi / Hamayu Sanso Web camera Kawaura Fuji (Asamakakushiyama) / Hamayu Sanso
- Kurabuchi Town, Takasaki City / A park opened on a plateau at an altitude of 1,100 m overlooking the Nikko-Shirane and Haruna Mountain Range / Warabidaira Forest Park Campsite
- Kurabuchimachi, Takasaki City / Tsukubai in the garden seen from the Tozenji office / Tozenji
- Harunako Town, Takasaki City / Lake Haruna, Mt. Haruna / Lake Haruna Romance Pavilion
- Lake Haruna (Lake Haruna Town, Takasaki City) / Lake Haruna / Haruna Sightseeing Boat Live / Suigetsutei
- Takasaki City National Highway / Karasukawa (Jonan Ohashi), Mikuni Tunnel Niigata Prefecture Side (Tateiwa Bridge) (National Highway No. 17 Mikuni Pass Area), Mikuni Tunnel Gunma Prefecture Side (Joetsu Bridge) (National Highway No. 17 Mikuni Pass Area) National Highway No. 17 around Mikuni Pass), Minakami Town Nagai (National Highway No. 17 around Mikuni Pass) Sarugakyo Snow Station (National Highway No. 17 around Mikuni Pass), National Highway No. 18 Usui Bypass (Karuizawa Bridge), Mt. Asama (Karuizawa) / Takasaki River National Highway The office
- Tozen-ji Temple, Takasaki City, address: Tozenji Temple, 169 Gonda, Kurabuchi-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma 370-3401, camera title: The Waterbasin in the Garden, the view from the office, Click the image below the e-mail address.
- Lake Haruna, Takasaki City, address: Harunako Romancetei, 848 Harunako-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma 370-3348, site title: Welcome to Lake Haruna, Harunako Romace Tei, Click the lake image in the right middle of the site.
- Kurabuchi Village, Takasaki City, site title: Welcome to Kurabuchi Village, camera titles: Kurabuchi Haruna Web Camera, camera #1 (counting from the left), title & address : Warabidaira Forest Park, camera #2 : Hamayu Lodge, camera #3 : Welcom to Kurabuchi Village, Iwanaga, Kurabuchi-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma, the view of Mt. Haruna, camera #4 : Aimagawa Onsen, camera #5 : Makino Shuzo (Sake Brewing) Co., Ltd., the view of National Highway Route 406 from Nagaijuku, camera, #6 : Gonda Auto Co., Ltd., Gonda, Takasaki-shi, the view of National Highway Route 406, camera #7 : Tozenji Temple, camera #8 : Ohe Shouji (Commercial Company), the view of Mt. Soma, camera #9: Lake Haruna Romance Tei, camera #10 : Lake Haruna Kohantei
- National Highway Route 406, Nagajuku, address: Makino Brewery Inc., 2626-1 Gonda, Kurabuchi-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma 370-3401, camera title: National Highway from Nagaijuku, Click the photo image in the bottom left of the site.
- National Highway Route 406, Takasaki City, address: Gonda Automotive Co., Ltd., 107 Gonda, Kurabuchi-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma 370-3401, site title: Gonda Automotive Co., Ltd., camera title: National Highway Route 406 Live Camera
- Hamayu Mountain Villa, Takasaki City, address: Hamayu Sanso (mountain cottage), 27-80 Kawaura, Kurabuchi-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma 370-3405, camera title: Mountain Cottage Web Camera, site title: Kurabuchi Kawaura Onsen Hamayu Sanso
- Warabidaira Forest Park Campground, Takasaki City, address: Warabidaira Forest Park Camp Site, 27-9 Kawaura, Kurabuchi-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma 370-3405, camera title: Mt. Haruna District from Warabidaira Forest Park
- National Highways and Rivers, address: Takasaki River National Highway Office, 6-41 Sakae-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma, site title: Takasaki River National Highway Office, Kanto Regional Development Bureau, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, The links of the live cameras are below the map. From the top, camera #1: Karasu River, Jonan Ohashi, Shigoka-machi, Takasaki City, Gunma, camera #2: National Highway Route 17, Tateiwa Bridge, Sangoku Tunnel in Niigata Prefecture, camera #3: National Highway Route 17, Joetsu Bridge, Sangoku Tunnel in Gunma Prefecture, Nagai, Minakami-machi, camera #4: National Highway Route 17 Hoshi Bridge, Nagai, Minakami-machi, camera #5: National Highway Route 17 Curve, Nagai, Minakami-machi, camera #6: National Highway Route 17 Sarugakyo Snow Station, 895 Sarugakyo Onsen, Minakami-machi, camera #7: National Highway Route 18 Usui Bypass Highway Karuizawa Bridge, Karuizawa-machi, Kita Saku-gun, camera #8: Mt. Asama (Karuizawa), Karuizawa-machi, Kita Saku-gun
- Tatebayashi City / Tobu Treasure Garden, Morinji Temple, Tatebayashi Station Rotary / Cable TV Co., Ltd.
- The Treasure Garden, Tatebayashi City, address: 1050 Horiku-cho, Tatebayashi-shi, Gunma 374-0033, camera title: The Treasure Garden Live Video, the blue camera: Long Border Garden, the red camera: the Brilliant GardenTatebayashi City, address: TM 21 PLAZA, 2-5-47 Motomachi, Tatebayashi-shi, Gunma, site title: TM21 PLAZA, the view from the top floor of TM21 PLAZA
- Ikaho Town, Shibukawa City / Ikaho Ishidangai Live Camera / Shibukawa City Hall
- The Town of Stone Steps, Ikaho, address: Shibukawa City Office, 80 Ishihara, Shibukawa-shi, Gunma 377-8501, site title: Shibukawa City, camera title: The town of stone steps is the main street of the town of hot springs in Shibukawa city.
- Kusaki Dam ( Azumachozama, Midori City) / Live video of Lake Kusagi / Japan Water Agency (Incorporated Administrative Agency) Kusaki Dam Management Office
- Kanna River (Ueno Village, Tano District) / Let’s take a look at the present of Ueno Village / Ueno Village Office
- Kanna River, Ueno Village, address: Ueno Town Office, 11 Kawawa, Ueno-mura, Tano-gun, Gunma 370-1614, site title: Ueno Village
- Kanna Town, Tano District / “Live Camera, Kanna Town, Tano District, Gunma Prefecture” Azalea Mountain, Koikoi Bridge (USTREAM) / Kanna Town Hall
- Kanna Town, address: Kanna Town Office, 90-6 Manba, Kanna-cho, Tano-gun, Gunma 370-1592, site title: Kanna Town, Click the Ustream Video in the right middle of the site.
- Numata City / Scenery from the roof of Tonenumata Bunka Kaikan / Oze Net
- Tamahara Plateau, Numata City / Lavender Park Live Camera / Tanbara Lavender Park
- Tambara Kogen, Numata City / Tambara Ski Park Live Camera / Tambara Ski Park
- Numata City, address: Tone Numata Cultural Center, 1801-2 Uehara-cho, Numata-shi, Gunma 378-0051, site title: Oze Net, English web site
- Tambara Ski Resort, Numata City, camera title: Tambara Ski Park Live Camera, address: Tambara Ski Park, Tambarakogen, Numata-shi, Gunma-ken 378-0071, site title: Tambara Ski Resort
- Shima River (Nakanojo Town, Agatsuma District) / Shima Onsen Kashiwaya Ryokan Shima Onsen / Shima, Nakanojo Town, Agatsuma District, Gunma Prefecture
- Nakanojo-cho, Agatsuma-gun / Around Shiman Onsen Kashiwaya Cafe (Shinyu district, Kirikidaira shopping street) / Kashiwaya Cafe
- Nakanojo-cho, Agatsuma-gun / Live camera image in front of Shiman Onsen Kashiwaya Ryokan / Shiman Onsen Kashiwaya Ryokan
- Agatsuma-gun / Nishinakanojo ⇒ 40,000, Nakanojo ⇒ Harunayama / Kirara Agatsuma
- Nakanojo-cho, Agatsuma-gun Shima / Shima Onsen footbath side, mountain stream side / Shima Onsen Toshimaya
- Shiman River and Shiman Onsen, Azuma-gun, camera title: Shima Onsen Kashiwaya Ryokan Live Camera, address: Shima Onsen Kashiwaya Ryokan, 3829 Shiman, Nakanojo-machi, Azuma-gun, Gunma 377-0601, site title: Shiman Hot Springs Hotel Kashiwaya, Gunma
- Streets in Nakanojo Town, address: Shima Onsen Kashiwaya Cafe, 4237-45 Shima, Nakanojo-machi, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma 377-0601, site title: Shima Onsen Kashiwaya Cafe, the cafe in Shima Onsen, which is wrapped in retro Showa era and is popular for croquette burger and capuccino.
- Mt. Takeyama and Nakanojo Town, site title: Kirara Agatsuma, camera #1 (the left) : Mt. Takeyama, the symbol of Nakanojo town, 789m above sea level , camera #2 (the right) : the weather camera towards Shima Onsen, address #1&2 : SOCKEN Co., Ltd., 126 Nishi Nakanojo, Nakanojo-machi, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma 377-0425
- Shima Onsen, Nakanojo Town, camera title: Shima Onsen Toshimaya footbath side and mountain stream side camera, address: Shima Onsen Toshimaya, 3887 Shima, Nakanojo-machi, Azuma-gun, Gunma-ken 377-0601, site title: Shima Onsen Toshimaya
- Nakanojo Town, address: Sawatari Onsen Miyataya Ryokan, 2163-3 Kamisawatari, Nakanojo-machi, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma 377-0541, site title: Miyataya Ryokan (Hotel), Japanese-style Inn, camera title: From the entrance of the hotel
- Kitakaruizawa / Tsumagoimura Osasa (8.8km northeast of Mt. Asama) Mae-chan Net Co., Ltd. Kurihei Kitakaruizawa (9.5km northeast of Mt. 8.1km northeast) Forest Planning Building / Kitakaruizawa Network Naganohara-cho, Azuma-gun
- Naganohara-cho, Agatsuma-gun / National highway No. 146 Kitakaruizawa intersection Live camera / Shibata Estate Co., Ltd.
- Naganohara-cho, Agatsuma-gun / Out-of-hospital scenery live camera / Nishi-Agatsuma Welfare Hospital
- Kitakaruizawa Intersection, Agatsuma, address: Shibata Estate Co., Ltd., 1988-75 Kitakaruizawa, Naganohara-machi, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma 377-1412, camera title: National Highway Route 146 Kitakaruizawa intersection, site title: Kita Karuizawa Network
- Mt. Asama, address: Kuridaira, Kitakaruizawa (9.5km Northeast of Mt. Asama), site title: Kita Karuizawa Network, camera title: Kuridaira Camera 1B
- Kuridaira, Kita Karuizawa, camera title: Current Mt. Asama, Kitakaruizawa Kurihira high sensitivity, camera ks, site title: Kita Karuizawa Network
- Birding in Kitakaruizawa, address: Kuridaira Lodge, Kuridaira, Kitakaruizawa, site title: Kita Karuizawa Network
- Lake Baragi (Tsumagoi Village, Agatsuma District) / Campagna Tsumagoi Campground / Hoshimata Baragi Plateau, Tsumagoi Village, Agatsuma District, Gunma Prefecture
- Mt. Asama (Tsumagoi Village, Agatsuma-gun) / About 8.8km north of Mt. Asama Mt. Asama Live Camera Mae-chan Net
- Mt. Asama, address: Ozasa, Tsumagoi-mura, Azuma-gun, Gunma (about 8.8km northwest from Mt. Asama), camera title: Maechan Net Camera 2
- Lake Baragi and Campanya Tsumagoi Campground, Tsumagoi Village, camera title: Campanya Tsumagoi Campground Live Camera, address: Baragi Kogen, Senmata, Tsumagoi-mura, Azuma-gun, Gunma, site title: MUJI OUTDOOR WEB, Campanya Campground
- Kazawa Snow Area, Tsumagoi Village, address: Kazawa Snow Area 1017 Tashiro, Tsumagoi-mura, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma 377-1614, site title: Kazawa Snow Area
- Kusatsu-cho, Agatsuma-gun / Kusatsu Live! Yubatake, Kusatsu International Ski Resort, Sainokawara Park / Yu LOVE Kusatsu (Kusatsu Onsen Tourism Association)
- Kusatsu-cho, Agatsuma-gun / Kusatsu Onsen / Sainokawara Park / Internet Nature Research Institute
- Kusatsu-cho, Agatsuma-gun / Mt. Asama, Motoshiranesan live camera image / Tone River water system sabo office
- Kusatsu International Ski Resort, Kusatsu Town, site title: SNOW & SPA RESORT, KUSATSU, address: Kusatsu Snow & Spa Resort, 158 Hayashihan, Kusatsushiranekokuyurin, Kusatsu-machi, Azuma-gun, Gunma 377-1711, camera titles: # 1 (the top in the left menu) International Sky Area, #2 Yubatake, #3 West Riverside Park, #4 Mt. Shirane, #5 Ropeway, #6 Kid’s Park, English web site
- Sainokawara Park (West Riverside Park), Kusatsu, address: 521-3 Kusatsu, Kusatsu-machi, Azuma-gun, Gunma, site title: Internet Nature Information System
- Kusatsu Onsen, Yubatake and Ski Area, address: Kusatsu Onsen Tourism Association, 3-9 Kusatsu, Kusatsu-cho, Azuma-gun, Gunma 377-1711, site title: Yu Love Kusatsu, Kusatsu Hot Springs Tourism Assocation Site, camera titles: KUSATSU LIVE! – Mt. Shirane, Mt. Motoshirane, Kusatsu Onsen Ski Area, Yubatake and Sainokawara Park
- Takayama-mura, Agatsuma-gun / Current sky of Gunma Observatory / Prefectural Gunma Observatory
- Gunma Astronomical Observatory, Takayama Village, address:GUNMA ASTRONOMICAL OBSERVATORY, 6860-8 Nakayama, Takayama-mura, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma 377-0702, camera #1 (the top): The Current Sky at the Gunma Astronomical Observatory, camera #2: The Look around outdoor monuments
- Marunuma Kogen (Katashina-mura, Tone-gun) / Nikko-Shirane Ropeway Sancho Station (North of Kanto, towards Nikko-Shirane, altitude 2,000m), Violet Course, Cobalt Course, Orange Course, Yellow Course, National Highway 120, Marunuma Kogen Entrance / Marunuma Kogen Ski Resort, Gunma Prefecture
- Katashina Village, Tone District / Live Camera in the Village / Katashina Village Office
- Oze, Katashina-mura, Tone-gun / “Oze Live Photo” Hatoyama Sanso, Toden Hut / Ozeyama Hut General Information Site
- Katashina Village, Tone District / Katashina Village Kamada Takechanchi Mae National Route 120 / Butcher Takechan
- Katashina-mura, Tone-gun / In front of Ozeyamanohana Visitor Center (Ozegahara) Live Camera / Ozeyamanohana Visitor Center
- Oze Iwakura Ski Resort (Katashina-mura, Tone-gun) / Near the slope base, around Restaurant Octa, near the summit of the gondola / Shiki no Mori White World Oze Iwakura
- Marunuma Kogen (Katashinmura, Tone-gun) / Nikko-Shirane Ropeway Sancho Station (elevation 2000m, the highest peak north of Kanto towards Nikko-Shirane), Nikko-Shirane Ropeway Sancho Station (elevation 2000m, foot bath in the sky), Tree Adventure (elevation 1500m) ), Summer slope (elevation 1400m), National highway No. 120 Marunuma Kogen entrance (elevation 1400m) / Marunuma Kogen General Information
- Takeson Ranch Ski Resort / 1st pair, in front of 2nd romance lift, Squarel, Capricorn, in front of romance platform / Katashina Village, Tone District, Gunma Prefecture
- Oguna Hotaka Ski Resort / Snow Pal Oguna Hotaka Squarel Capricorn Romance Platform / Katashina Village, Tone District, Gunma Prefecture
- Marunuma Heights, Katashina Village, address: Marunuma Kougen Guide, 4658-58 Higashi Ogawa, Katashina Village, Tone-gun, Gunma 378-0479, site title: Gunma Prefecture Marunuma Kogen Resort, Nikko Shirane-san Ropeway, Nikko National Park, camera titles, from the left : #1 Nikko Shirane-san (Mt. Shirane), 2578m above sea level, #2 Ropeway Mountain Top, 2000m above sea level, #3 Auto Camping, 1500m above sea level, #4 Summer Slopes, 1400m above sea level, #5 National Highway No.120, the entrance of Marunuma Kougen
- Hanasaki Onsen, Katashina Village, address: Hanasakinoyu, 1113 Hanasaki, Katashina-mura, Tone-gun, Gunma 378-0408, site title: Hana no Eki Katashina, Hanasaki Onsen
- Oze, Katashina Village, camera title: Oze Live Photo, address: Tokura, Katashina-mura, Tone-gun, Gunma-ken 378-0411, site title: Oze mountain hut comprehensive information site
- Hotaka Bokujo Ski Resort, URL: http://hotakabokujo.jp/livecam/, address: 2797-2 Hanasaki, Katashina-mura, Tone-gun, Gunma 378-0408, site title: Katashina Hotaka Bokujo Ski Resort, camera titles: #1 Yanagisawa Ski Slopes, the view of the fifth lift from the Rest House Ponny, #2 Nigodaira (Active Park)
- Ogna Hotaka Ski Resort, Katashina Village, address: Hotakayama, Hanasaki, Katashina-mura, Tone-gun, Gunma 378-0408, site title: Katashina Snow Pal OGNA Hotaka, camera title: From the restaurant, the camera in front of the Second Romance Lift
- Ozeiwakura Ski Resort, Katashina Village, camera title: Shikinomori White World Ozeiwakura Live Camera, address: White World Oze Iwakura, 2609 Tsuchiide, Katashina-mura, Tone-gun, Gunma-ken 378-0412, site title: White World Ozeiwakura
- Kawaba Ski Resort (Kawaba Village, Tone District) / Kawaba Ski Resort Live Camera / Kawaba Resort Co., Ltd.
- Kawaba Ski Resort, Kawaba Village, camera title: Kawaba Ski Resort Live Camera, address: Kawaba Ski Resort, 2755-2 Yachi, Kawaba-mura, Tone-gun, Gunma-ken 378-0101, site title: Kawaba Resort Co.,Ltd.
- Tone Minakami Town / Minshuku Yoshinoya Live Camera (Sentarokan, Amekomiyama, Asahidake) / Minshuku Yoshinoya
- Fujiwara, Minakami-cho, Tone-gun / Minakamihodaigaki Ski Resort / Campground Live Camera / Minakamihodaigaki Ski Resort / Campground
- Minakami Village, Tone-gun / From Yunokoya Onsen “Keiryu no Yado Tamura” to Oze / Kasagatake / Clear Ryu no Yado Tamura
- Minakami Town, Tone District / Minakami Live Camera (from Minakami Hotel Juraku) / “Marugoto Minakami Navi”
- Minakami Town, Tone District / Snowshoes, Snowscape of Minakami Town / Forest and Water
- Minakami-cho, Tone-gun / Today’s slope / Norn Minakami ski resort
- Minakami-cho, Tone-gun / Small live camera where you can stay / Small school where you can stay
- Minakami-cho, Tone-gun / Oashi Observatory, Fujiwara Observatory, Oana Observatory, Tanigawa Observatory, Yuhara Observatory, Sarugakyo Observatory, Sugawa Observatory, Irisugawa Observatory, Shinmaki Observatory, Ogawa Observatory, Tsukiyano Observatory , Goga Observatory, Yuhiso Observatory / Minakami Town Meteorological Information Live Camera
- Hodaigi Ski Resort / Family Slope, 2nd East / Kids Land, Naruhira Course (9th Quad) / Mt. Hotaka Tourism Development Co., Ltd.
- Mt. Asahi, Minakami Plateau, Minakami Town, address: 3737 Fujiwara, Minakami-cho, Tone, Gunma, site title: Minshuku Yoshinoya (Hotel Yoshinoya), the hotel srrounded by the mountains in Minakami Fujiwara, Gunma, camera title: Minshuku Yoshinoya Live Camera, #1: The Sentaro Museum is on the left side. The mountain on the lef hand is Mt. Ameyobi and the innermost mountain is Mt. Asahi.
- Snowshoe, Minakami Town, address: 191-12 Yubiso, Minakami-cho, Tone-gun, Gunma, site title: Forest & Water Snow Shoe, The camera is useful for those who are planning to participate in a snow shoe tour. It shows the landscape of snow in Minakami Town.
- Auto Camper’s Area Naramata, Minakami Town, address: Auto Camper’s Area Naramata, 479-139 Terama, Minakami-machi, Tone-gun, Gunma 379-1614, camra title: Today’s Naramata, site title: Auto Camper’s Area Naramata
- Oze and Kasagatake, Minakami Town, camera title: Oze and Kasagatake Live Camera, address: Seiryunoyado Tamura, 6273-2 Fujiwara, Minakami-machi, Tone-gun, Gunma-ken 379-1721, site title: Seiryunoyado Tamura
- Ski Resort, Minakami Town, camera title: Norn Minakami Ski Resort in Minakami, Gunma, address: Norn Minakami Ski Resort 479-139 Terama, Minakami-machi, Tone-gun, Gunma 379-1614, site title: Norn Minakami Ski Resort
- Minakami Town, camera title: Tomarerugakko Sarusho (School to Stay “Saru Elementary School”) Live Camera, address: Tomarerugakko Sarusho, 1744-15 Aimata, Minakami-machi, Tone-gun, Gunma-ken 379-1404
- Minakami Town, camera title: Minakami Town Weather Information Live Camera, address: Minakami-machi, site title: Minakami Town Weather Information
- Fujiwara Dam, Aimata Dam, Sonohara Dam, address of Fujiwara Dam: Yogo, Minakami-machi, Tone-gun, Gunma, address of Aimata Dam: 1493 Aimata, Minakami-machi, Tone-gun, Gunma, address of Sonomata Dam: 2378 Sonohara, Tone-cho, Numata-shi, Gunma, site title: Tone River, the Live Views of the Three Dams
All over the prefecture
- Tonegawa / Fujiwara Dam, Aimata Dam, Mayuhara Dam / Tonegawa Dam Integrated Management Office
- Agatsuma-gun / Mt. Asama, Mt. Motoshirane Kusatsu / Tone River Sabo Office
- Tone River / Along the Tone River and Watarase River / Tone River Upstream River Office
- Prefectural Road / Gunma Prefecture Camera Map / Gunma Prefecture Prefectural Land Development Department Road Management Division
- Mt. Asama and Mt. Shirane, address: Tone River Water System Sabo (Erosion Control) Office, 121-1 Shibukawa, Shibukawa-shi, Gunma 377-8566, camera titles from the top: #1 The East of Mt. Asama Live View, address: Kita Karuizawa, Naganohara-machi, Azuma-gun, Gunma, #2 The West of Mt. Asama, address: Tashiro, Tsumagoi-mura, Azuma-gun, Gunma, #3 Kusatsu Shiranesan (Mt. Shirane) Live View, address: Ainemine, Kusatsu, Kusatsu-machi, Azuma-gun, Gunma
Gunma Prefecture Tourism Information
Gunma Prefecture is in contact with Fukushima Prefecture and Niigata Prefecture in the north, Tochigi Prefecture in the east, Saitama Prefecture in the south, Nagano Prefecture in the west. The area of the prefectural land is 6,362 square kilometers. The northern prefecture and the western prefecture are mountainous areas, the southern part is a part of the Kanto Plain, and two thirds of the prefectural land is hilly. Since the shape of the prefectural land looks like a crane, it is called “Gunma Prefecture, the form of dancing crane”. Terrain and climate are different in the north and the south, the south is one of Japan’s leading heat wave regions, and the north cool is a cool region with harsh cold winter.
Most of the regions in the northern prefecture are specified in the heavy snowfall, and Katashina village of Tone-gun is specified in the special heavy snowfall. Katashina village, Minakami Village of Tone-gun and Agatsuma County Region in the north have lots of ski resorts because of often snow.
The prefectural population is about 2 million people and the population of the prefectural capital, Maebashi City, is about 340,000 people.
The prefecture name is derived from the prefectural capital, Gunma County, and Gunma means the rich land where horse herd. Gunma is called “Joshu” or “Jomo”, and it comes from the former Ueno County. Ueno County became Takasaki Prefecture after the domain system was abolished, and finally eight provinces were integrated and renamed Gunma Prefecture.
In addition, Gunma is the hot spring kingdom with more than 100 hot springs in the prefecture and there is are famous hot springs such as “Kusatsu Onsen”, “Ikaho Onsen”, “Minakami Onsen” and “Shima Onsen”. “Kusatsu Onsen” is a natural hot spring of water flowing directly from the hot spring source whose natural amount of discharge is the most in Japan. “Ikaho Onsen” has the town of stone steps that is full of emotion. “Minakami Onsen” is characterized by the beautiful valley of the Tone River upstream, “Shima Onsen” is popular because it is said to be the therapeutic bath that works in forty thousand diseases, and these places are high quality and rich natural hot spring areas.
There are local cuisines such as “Okkirikomi”, noodle dishes that homemade wide noodles of wheat flour and seasonal vegetables are stewed, “Namaimokonnyaku Ryori”, which is made from elephant foot, “Yakimanju (baked bun)”, the baked seamed buns that are stabed to bamboo skewers with sweet miso sauce.