- The Current Wave of Ikumi Beach, address: 758-3 Ikumi, Tokyo-cho, Aki-gun, Kochi 781-7414, site title: TOYO TOWN, the entrance to the east of Tosa, natural treasureas shining, the town of surging, ponkan and resort, Click the small camera image in the right side of the site.
- Muroto Cape, address: 1721 Motootsu, Muroto City, Kochi 781-7108, site title: National MUROTO Youth Outdoor Learning Center, camera title: Muroto Internet Camera
- The Sky of Kochi, address: 200-1 Monobe Otsu, Nangoku City, Kochi 783-8508, site title: Kochi National College of Technology
- Katsurahama Beach from the Memorial Museum, address: 830 Shiroyama, Urado, Kochi City, Kochi 781-0262, site title: THE SAKAMOTO RYOMA MEMORIAL MUSEUM, web site: http://www.ryoma-kinenkan.jp/aboutus/english-guide.pdfKochi Lighthouse, address: 5-4-55 Sanbashi-dori, Kochi City, Kochi, site title: Marititme Information and Communication System, Japan Coast Guard, Click the circle link of the live camera in the map.
- Kochi City Area, address: 3-2-15 Motomachi, Kochi City, Kochi, site title: Kochi Broadcasting Co., Ltd.
- Soanji, Kochi City, address: Soanji, Kochi City, Kochi 780-0991, site title: Asakura Omoide Tanhou (Asakura Memory Exploration)
- Kiriyama Tea Plantation, address: Hashiratani, Hidaka-mura, Takaoka-gun, Kochi 781-2161, site title: USTREAM, camera title: Live Hidaka Village, Kiriyama Tea Plantation
- Kamiyakawa River, Ino Town, site title: Ino Town, Ino-cho, Agawa-gun, Kochi, camera title: The Current Gohohoku District, #1(the top): In front of Gohoku Central Community Center, #2 In front of the Development Center
- Tosa Bay, address: 8009-1 Kure, Nakatosa-cho, Takaoka-gun, Kochi 789-1301 site title: Kuroshio Honjin, the inn in the country of bonito camera title: the Pacific Ocean from Kuroshio Honjin
- Ukibuchi Beach, Shirahama Beach and Iyoki River, address: 2019-1 Irino, Kuroshio-cho, Hata-gun, Kochi 789-1992 site title: Kuroshio Navi, Click the Japanese three links of the cameras below “Livecam” in the right side of the site.
- Futami Coast, Shimanto City, address: 1722-6 Futami, Shimanto City, Kochi, site title: Surf Beach Umikaze
- Hirano Surf Beach, Shimanto City, address: Hirano, Shimanto City, Kochi, site titel: Shimanto City Tourisum Information, Shimanto City Office
- Shimanto River, Shimanto Town, address: 3-2 Shigekushi-cho, Shimanto-cho, Takaoka-gun, Kochi 786-8501, camera title: Shimanto Town River Surveillance Camera, web site: Shimanto TownShimanto River, Shimanto City, address: 2393-11 Nakamura, Shimanto City, Kochi 787-0005, site title: Limited Company Seinan Tokki
- Sameura Dam, Tosa-gun, address: 6591-5 Tai, Tosa-cho, Tosa-gun, Kochi 781-3521, site title: Sameura Dam, Japan Water Agency Ikeda Dam Control Head Office, the left camera: the upstream camera, Ikeda Management Office, the right camera: the observatory left bank upstream
- Isa Fishing Port and the Pacific Ocean, address: 662 Ashizuri Misaki, Tosa Shimizu City, Kochi 787-0315
site title: Ashizuri International Hotel, Southern most Shikoku, Ashizuri Onsenkyo
- Ashizuri Marine Museum, Tosa Shimizu City, address: 4032 Imashiba, Misaki, Tosa Shimizu City, Kochi 787-0452, site title: Ashizuri Marine Museum, Kochi Prefecture, Ashizuri Uwa Sea National Park, Click the pink “Click” banner in the left side, and enter “m” in user and password section.
Kochi Prefecture Tourism Information
The prefectural capital of Kochi is Kochi City. The population of the prefecture is about 75 million people. There are famous tourist destinations in Kochi, such as “Shimanto River”, “Muroto Misaki (Cape)”, “Ashizuri Misaki (Cape),” “Ryuga-do (Sinus),” “Shikoku Karst,” “Kochi Castle,” “Sakamoto Ryoma Memorial Museum,” and “the Kuroshio Honjin,” and 5 million tourists visit Kochi each year. Fisheries and vegetable production are thriving, and “Tosa Soudagatsuo (Auxis)”, “green peppers”, “tomatoes” are famous.There are local cuisines such as “Katsuo no Tataki (Bonito Seared)” and “Sawachi Ryori (cuisine).” Speaking of Kochi Prefecture, anyone reminds “Ryoma Sakamoto,” and, including him, “Shintaro Nakaoka” and “Hanpeita Takechi,”who were dominating persons in the end of Edo Period, are also familiar in the NHK Taiga Drama, “Ryoma-den.” There is “Sakamoto Ryoma Memoriala” in “Katsurahama” in Kochi Prefecture, where there is a statue of Ryoma looking ahead the sea, and it becomes a typical tourist destination of Kochi Prefecture. “Kochi Castle” was fortificated in 1603 by “Kazutoyo Yamauchi” who was given the country of Tosa as a reward of the Battle of Sekigahara by Ieyasu Tokugawa. Thereafter, it was destroyed in the Great Fire of the Edo period, but it still remains after repeated repairs and reconstruction works. The tower of the castle was rebuilt in 1749, it is currently the historical building tower of over 250 years history that was rebuilt at the time. You can overlook the city of Kochi from the tower, so you can see the feelings of the lord of the Warring States Period. It is said that “Muroto Misaki (Cape)” is known as a place where Kobo Daishi trained when young, and it is also said that the Daishi who claimed “Kukai” after trained in a cave near the coast called the cave “Mikurodo.” There is the statue of Muroto Youth Daishi that extends to a hight of 21m in the cape, and it is as if Kukai’s youth lookis at Muroto Misaki.”Ashizuri Misaki (Cape)” in Tosashimizu City is the southernmost cape of Kochi Prefecture, and it is said that it is the place where the Kuroshio (Japan Current) surges earliest in Japan. There are tourism attractions in the cape, such as the statue and hte museum of John Manjiro who had a great influence on the politics of the Edo period, Hakusan Domon and Kongo Fuku-ji Temple. There is a cliff of 80m height in the cape, which became famous in the novel “Ashizuri Misaki,” but there is more than a little negative image under the influence of the novel. “The Yoshino River” is, the longest river in Shikoku that headwaters Mt. Irazu that is a mountain of 1,336 m above sea level in the northern part of Kochi Prefecture. It is a class A river of 196km which is more than the 194km river, “Yoshino.” It was selected as one of the one hundred best waters in 1985, and as one of the one hundred Heisei best waters in 2008, and it is said to be the last clear stream of Japan to leave its beauty today. “Irazu-yama (Mt. Irazu)” literally means the mountain where you must not enter. It is the origin of the name of the mountain that the Tosa clan prohibited to enter the mountain for environmental protection. Thanks to it, the nature of the mountain that is the source of the River Shimanto is protected, and it creates beautiful clear stream of Shimanto. Various initiatives and efforts for environmental protection has also been conducted around the River Shimanto basin, and the river continues to defend its position as the last clear stream of Japan.