- Tosho-ji Temple, Mie, URL: http://tousyou.sakura.ne.jp/index.htm, address: Udono, Kiho-cho, Minamimuro-gun, Mie, site title: Tosho-ji Temple, view of the garden of the temple, Click the fourth Japanese blue link from the bottom, “live camera.”
- Daiozaki Lighthouse, Shima City, Mie, URL: http://www6.kaiho.mlit.go.jp/04kanku/toba/daiosaki_lt/livecamera/index.html#001008, address:Namikiri, Daio-cho, Shima City, Mie, site title: Toba Coast Guard Office, Japan Coast Guard, camera title: view from the Daiozaki lighthouse
- Matsusaka City, Mie, URL: http://www.mctv.ne.jp/~isuzuki/livecam.html, address: the outskirts of Matsusaka City, site title: Matsusaka NOW, camera title: The Present North Sky in Matsusaka City
- National Highway No.1, Suzuka Pass, Mie, URL: http://route1.mdrc.go.jp/index.html, address: Sakashita, Seki-machi, Kameyama City, Mie, site title: Rivers and National Highway Office Mie, camera title: National Highway No.1 Suzuka Pass Road Condition, Click the road photos in the site.
- National Highway No.25, Mie, URL: http://www.cbr.mlit.go.jp/hokusei/meihan/romen/index.htm, address: Mie, site title: Hokusei National Highway Office, camera title: Road Condition Images, Click the map divided into 4 sections, A,B, C and D., In each section, click the camera links.
- National Highway No.42, Mie, URL: http://www.cbr.mlit.go.jp/kisei/livecamera/index.html, address: Mie
site title: Kise National Highway, camera title:(1) Nisaka Tunnel Pithead, (2) Higashi Nagashima Gate, (3)
Umiyama, (4) Owashi Tunnel Pithead, (5) Yanohama Gate, (6) Yanogawa Tunnel, (7) Satazaka (8) Otomari Gate
- Rivers and Coasts, Mie, URL: http://www.cbr.mlit.go.jp/mie/, address: Yokkichi City, Suzuka City, Kameyama City, Tsu City, Matsusaka City, Taki Gun, Ise City, site title: River and Coast Live Camera, view of Suzuka River, Kumode River, Kushida River, Miya River, the Southwest Coast of Ise Bay
- Gozaisho Roapway, Mie-gun, Mie, URL: http://www.gozaisho.co.jp/live/camera.htm, address: Yunoyama Onsen, Komono-cho, Mie-gun, Mie, site title: Gozaisho Roapway Official Website, camera title: Gozaisho Roapway Live Camera, view from the top of Mt. Gozaisho
- Ren Dam, Matsusaka City, Mie, URL: http://www.cbr.mlit.go.jp/hachisu/realtime.html, address: Mori, Itaka-cho, Matsusaka City, Mie, site title: Ren Dam Management Office, Chubu Regional Development Bureau, Land, Infrastructure and Transportation Ministry, camera title: from the left, (1) downstream surveillance, (2) Inukai, (3) Tsuzurakuma, (4) Lake Surface Surveillance, (5) Nanokaichi, (6) Tabik
- Nagara River, Ibi River and Kiso River, Mie, URL: http://www.cbr.mlit.go.jp/kisokaryu/cctv/index.html, address: Kuana City, Aisai City, Kaizu City, site title: Kiso River Downstream Office, camera titles, from the left, (1) The Confluence of the Ibi River and Tado River, Ibi River rightcoast, Kaminogo, Tado-cho, Kuana City, (2) Sotohama, Nagara River rightcoast, Sotohama, Kaizu-cho, Kaizu City, (3) Tokai Bridge, Kiso River leftcoast, Kyubu-cho, Aisai City, (4) Toka Bridge, Nagara River rightcoast, Akie, Kaizu-cho, Kaizu City
- Port of Kiinagashima, Mie, URL: http://www.kumadoco.net/camera/kihoku.html, address: Nagura, Kiinagashima-ku, Kihoku-cho, Mie, site title: East Kishu Hot Net, Kumadoko, camera title: Port of Kiinagashima
- Sagiri no Sato, Minamimuro-cho, Mie, URL: http://www.kumadoco.net/camera/kinan.html, address: Ueno, Mihama-cho, Minamimuro-gun, Mie,519-5322, site title: Higashi Kishu Hot Net, Kumadoko, camera title: Sagiri no Sato
- Ago Bay, Shima City, Mie, URL: http://www.sizenken.biodic.go.jp/live/view.php?camera_no=49, address: Ugata, Ago-cho, Shima-shi, Mie, site title: Internet Nature Information System, camera title: Ago Bay from Yokoyama, Shima Peninsula
- Kumanonada, Owashi City, Mie, URL: http://www6.kaiho.mlit.go.jp/04kanku/owase/owase_cgo/livecamera/index.html#001006, address: Owashi-shi, Mie, site title: Maritime Information and Communication System, camera title: view from the coast guard Owashi
- Bird Park, Yokkaichi City, Mie, URL: http://www.ajinomoto.co.jp/activity/kankyo/bird/camera/index.html??activity5=birdCamera, address: Ajinomoto Tokai Office, Yokkaichi City, Mie, “Bird Sanctuary”, site title: The Ajinomoto Co., Ltd., camera title: Bird Sanctuary Live Camera
- Governor’s Office LIVE Relay, address: Mie Prefectural Government, Hiroaki-cho, Tsu-shi, Mie, site title:
- Fixed point camera in Tsu City, address: Phoenix Medical Center, 5-3 Otobe, Tsu-shi, Mie, site title: USTREAM
- Today’s sea information, address: Tsu Yacht Harbor, Yanagiyamatsuoki, Tsu-shi, Mie, site title: Tsu Yacht Harbor Weather Page
- Nagashima Resort, camera title: White cyclone and Aurora Wheel, address: Urayasu, Nagashima-cho,
Kuana-shi, Mie, Click the small image of the live camera in the bottom of the right side menu.
- Mt. Fujiwara (Fujiwara-dake), address: Inabe City Hall, Kasadashinden, Inabe-cho, Inabe-shi, Mie 511-0293, site title: Inabe City Hall
- Business Hotel BL Kuana, camera title: Higashimeihan Side and Nagashima Resort Side Cameras, address: Business Hotel BL Kuana, 317 Nukata, Kuwana-shi, Mie 511-0911
- Suzuka Circuit Web Camera, address: Suzuka Circuit, 7992 Ino-cho, Suzuka-shi, Mie 510-0295, camera
title: Suzuka Circuit
- Roadside Station Kumano Kinokuni Fixed Point Camera, address: Michi-no-Eki (Roadside Station) Kumano Kinokuni, Asuka-cho, Kumano-shi, Mie, camera titles: Second parking, Souvenir Hall, Factory passage, site title: Kinokuni Logistics Cooperative / Roadside Station Kumano Kinokuni, Official Web Site: Asama mountaintop observatory live camera, site title: Iseshima Skyline, sky driveway from Ise to Shima, address: Asama-cho, Ise-shi, Mie
- Kiraramine Live Camera Image, address: Mizusawa Elementary School, Mizusawa-cho, Yokkaichi-shi, Mie, site title: Kirara Communication, Mizusawa Elementary School
- Ichigohama Live Camera, address: Shaka Shima Pension, Shima, Ago-cho, Shima-shi, Mie, site title:
- Toba Aquarium Broadcaster, address: Toba Aquarium, 3-3-6 Toba, Toba-shi, Mie 517-0011, camera title:
Animal Live Camera, site title: Toba Aquarium
Mie Prefecture Tourism Information
The Prefectural capital is Tsu City. The population of the prefecture is about 1.8 million people and the population of Tsu is about 28 million people. The prefectural land is 180km from north to south and 108km from east to west, and it is divided into five regions, Hokusei, Iga, Chusei, Nansei and East Kishu. “Isejingu”, “Kumano Kodo” and “Suzuka Circuit” are famous as tourism attractions. There are also theme parks, “Nagashima Spa Land”, “Shima Spain Village” and “Iga-ryu Ninja Museum”.
Among them, “Ise Jingu (Shrine)” is the tourist destination that represents Mie Prefecture, and more than five million tourists visite there each year. It has deep ties with the Imperial Court because of the fact that Amaterasu Oomikamiyou is an enshrined deity of the inner sanctuary, and in the Edo era Ise Shrine was visited by worshipers from all over the country regardless of the identity as “Oisemairi (a pilgrimage to Ise Shrine).” There are two main shrines in the Ise Shrine, and the inner shrine enshrines Amateras Oomikami and the outer shrine enshrines
Toyoukeno Oomikami, the god of food and grains.
“Kumano Kodo” is the mountainous road that was established in order to pilgrimage to the Kumano Sanzan (Kumano Three Shrines), Kumano Hongu Taisha, Kumano Hayatama Taisha and Kumano Nachi Taisha, and the road was registered as a World Cultural Heritage as “Sacred Sites and Pilgrimage Routes in the Kii Mountain Range”. Kumano three shrines have been worshiped as a place of mountain training and the Holy Land of faith since ancient times and has accepted many worshipers. “Kumano Kodo” developed as road of pilgrimage, and there are still cobbled streets of those days even now.
“Suzuka Circuit” in Suzuka City is an international racing course representing Japan, which was built by Honda in 1962. F1 Japan Grand Prix and Suzuka 8 Hours were held, and it is said to be the center of Japan’s motor sport.
There is the Mikimoto Pearl Island in Toba City, and there is the Museum and Memorial of Mikimoto Kokichi, who was successful in farming the world’s first pearl. It is also known as only place in Japan where women divers perform demonstrations of fishing, and more than 20 million tourists visit annually. Ago Bay is the rias of Ise Peninsula and there are about 50 islands in the bay, and cultured pearls is flourishing from the old days.
The specialty products of Mie Prefecture are Akafuku, Ise tea, rice, oranges, Matsusaka beef, Ise shrimp and pearl. Also, there are local cuisines such as “Ise Udon”, thick soft noodles soaked in the sauce that is made of Tamari soy sauce and soup stock, and “Tekono-zushi (kneded Sushi)”, a kind of Chirashi-zushi, in which lean fish such as bonito
and tuna that is dipped in sauce is combined with sushi rice.