- Murakami City, URL: http://www.city.murakami.lg.jp/site/live-camera/, camera title: Murakami City Live Camera, ① Oshiroyama from the fifth floor of Murakami City Hall, ② the Sea of Japan from Michinoeki Sasagawanagare, ③ National Highway Route 345 from Yuhi Kaikan of Michinoeki Sasagawanagare, site title: Murakami City Hall
- Murakami City, URL: http://www.taikanso.senaminoyu.co.jp/freecontents-36/index.html, camera title: Senami coast live camera, site title: Taikanso Senaminoyu, address: Taikanso Senaminoyu, 2-10-24 Senami Onsen, Murakami-shi, Niigata 958-0037
- Tainai City, URL: http://www.speed-p-niigata.jp/, camera title: Speed Park Niigata WEBCAMERA, site title: Speed Park Niigata, address: Speed Park Niigata, 1013-36 Matsunami, Tainai-shi, Niigata 959-2500
- Tainai City, URL: http://www.city.tainai.niigata.jp/camera/camera.cgi, camera title: Kushigata Mountains Fixed Point Camera, from the fifth floor of Tainai City Hall, site title: Tainai City Hall, address: Tainai City Hall, 2-10 Shinwa-cho, Tainai-shi, Niigata 959-2642
- Agano City, URL: http://www.parabox.or.jp/~rinshoji/, camera title: Rinsho-ji Temple Live Camera, site title: Jigenzan Rinsho-ji Temple, address: Rinshoji Temple, 3246 Yasuda, Agano-shi, Niigata 959-2221, Click the bottom link on the left side menu of the site.
- Agano City, URL: http://www.city.agano.niigata.jp/site/kankou/8395.html, camera title: Lake Hyoko, Agano Okayama-cho, Niigata Prefecture Office Agano
- Niigata City, URL: http://www.nsttv.com/news/livecamera.php, camera titles: ① Bandai Bridge and Shinano River in Niigata City, ② Denka Big Swan Studium, site title: NST (Nigata Sogo Television)
- Niigata City, URL: http://traininfo.jrniigata.co.jp/webcamera/niigata, camera title: Guide plate of Departure time at Niigata station , site title: JR East Niigata branch office, address: Japan Railway Niigata Station, 1-1 Hanazono, Chuo-ku, Niigata-shi, Niigata
- Sado City, URL: http://www6.kaiho.mlit.go.jp/09kanku/niigata/livecamera.html, camera title: the Status of the Sea as seen from the Sawasakibana lighthouse, Niigata Maritime Safety Agency , site title: Niigata Coast Guard
- Sado City, URL: https://www.city.sado.niigata.jp/z_ot/live_camera/index.html, camera title: Live Coverage Sado, Today’S Sado, Northwest: Onokame, Iwataniguchi, Irikawa, Himedu, East: Urakawa, Yoshizumi, Ryotsu Cultural Hall, Ryotsu Port, Ryotsu Okawa, Niibo Dam, South: Akadama, Matsugazaki, Akadomari Port, Ogi Port, Sawazaki, Konagase, West: Aikawakasugazaki, Futami Port, Senago, Yahata, site title: Sado City Hall
- Sado City, URL: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/toki001, address: Sado Toki Conservation Center wild return station, 1277 Shomyoji, Niibo, Sado-shi, Niigata 952-0105, camera title: TOKI LIVE, site title: USTREAM
- Yahiko Village, URL: http://www.e-yahiko.com/livecam, camera title: Yahiko-Machikado live camera, ① Parking in front of Jinja, ② Torii of Yahiko Jinja, ③ Kenshin Intersection in front of Pocket Park, ④ Yahiko Street / Miyama Intersection, ⑤ Mt. Yahiko from Kannonji District, ⑥ “Yahiko” Intersection, ⑦ Yahiko Park Momiji Valley, near Kangetsukyo Bridge ⑧ Yahiko Park Momiji Valley, under Kangetsukyo Bridge, ⑨ Yahall Cafe, ⑩ Yahiko Kaido (Highway) / Miyama Intersection, ⑪ Parking in front of Jinja, ⑫ Torii of Yahiko Jinja, ⑬ Kenshin Intersection in front of Pocket Park, ⑭ Station square, site title: Romantic-Yahiko, Yahiko Tourist Association
- Nagaoka City, URL: http://www16.ocn.ne.jp/~zakkoku/livecamera.htm, camera title: offshore Teradomariowada, Nagaoka City, Niigata Prefecture, site title: Coffee & Lunch Kinta, address: 1256 Teradomariowada, Nagaoka-shi, Niigata
- Nagaoka City, URL: http://www.niigata-inet.or.jp/teradomari/, camera title: Teradomari Coast, site title: MarineResort Teradomari
- Nagaoka City, URL: http://www.yacnet.co.jp/cam.htm, camera title: Oteohashi Bridge from Shinano, Nagaoka City, Niigata Prefecture, site title: Yamada Animal Clinic, address: Yamada Animal Clinic, 2-13-21 Shinano, Nagaoka-shi, Niigata 940-0098
- Nagaoka City, URL: http://www.e-machi.city.nagaoka.niigata.jp/, Nagaoka conservation school house Yori Nagaoka city, Nagaoka City Hall, the house on Yori cityMuseum Tour of Nagaoka town
- Nagaoka City, URL: http://homepage1.nifty.com/jh0eya/livecamera.html, camera title: Tochio Live Web Camera, site title: Tanoshisa Ippai Tochio Island, address: Tochio-cho, Nagaoka-shi, Niigata 940-0215
- Sawada, Nagaoka City, URL: http://www.snowcon.com/index.html, address: Niigata Electric Co., Ltd., 1-3535 Sawada, Nagaoka-shi, Niigata 940-1101, camera title: Niigata Electric Observation Live, site title: Niigata Electric Co., Ltd.
- Nagaoka City, URL: http://echigo-park.jp/livecamera/index.html, camera title: ① Koshi-no-ike Pond, ② Fureai Hill, ③ Warming House, ④ Water mill, site title: Echigo Hillside National Government Park, address: Echigo Hillside National Government Park, Miyamotohigashikata-machi, Nagaoka-shi, Niigata 940-2043
- Nagaoka City, URL: http://coastal.nagaokaut.ac.jp/view2.shtml, camera titles: ① Electrical Eng. Bldg. and Synthetic Research Bldg. from Astro Dome, ② Commissary, Center for Multimedia System and Libraly from Civil Eng., ③ Student Dormitory from Civil Eng., address: Hydraulic Engineering Laboratory, NAGAOKA University of Technology, 1603-1 Kamitomioka, Nagaoka City, Niigata, 940-2188, site title: Hydraulic Engineering Laboratory, NAGAOKA University of Technology
- Kashiwazaki City, URL: http://www.city.kashiwazaki.lg.jp/cgi-bin/yoneyama/index.cgi, camera title: Yoneyama today, site title: Kashiwazaki City Hall, address: Kashiwazaki City Hall, 5-50 Chuo-cho, Kashiwazaki-shi, Niigata 945-0064
- Kashiwazaki City, URL: http://www.kashiwazaki-marine.jp/live_cam/kxhcm2.html, camera title: Niigata Prefecture Kashiwazaki Marina Live Camera, address: Kashiwazaki Marina, 8-18 Tonowa-cho, Kashiwazaki-shi, Niigata 945-0854
- Izumozaki Town, Mishima-gun, URL: http://www.town.izumozaki.niigata.jp/contents/yuhi.html, camera title: the sunset of the Sea of Japan from the village of Tenryo, the 102m Sea Bridge, animation of the Yunagi Bridge, site title: Izumozaki town hall, adddress: Kashiwazaki Marina, 8-18 Tonowa-cho, Kashiwazaki-shi, Niigata 945-0854
- Uonuma City, URL: http://www.city.uonuma.niigata.jp/livecamera/index.html, site title: Uonuma City Hall, camera titles: the Government Buildings of Horinouchi, Koide, Yunotani, Hirogami, Morikado, Irihirose, address: Uonuma City Hall, Horinouchi, Uonuma-shi, Niigata
- Uonuma City, URL: http://www.konisiya.com/live.htm, address: Guest House Konishiya, 932 Suhara, Uonuma-shi, Niigata 946-0216, camera title: Live Video of Suhara Ski Area, site title: Guest House Konishiya
- Minami Uonuma City, URL: http://www.minamiuonuma.jp/live/, camera titles: ① Mt. Hakkai Peak Ropeway Station, ② City area ~ Mt. Sakado, from Muikamachi Station, site title: Minamiuonuma Tourism Association
- Minamiuonuma City, URL: http://www.maiko-kyoukai.com/, camera title: Maiko Kanetsu Shiozawa Ishiuchi IC intersection, site title: Maiko Tourist Association
- Minamiuonuma City, URL: http://hakkaisan.livepix.jp/, camera title: Live Camera Hakkaisan, Hakkaisan seen from the ski slopes Itsukamachi, site title: Yukiguni Net, address: Itsukamachi Ski Area, 1448 Terao, Minamiuonuma-shi, Niigata 949-7104
- Minamiuonuma City, URL: http://www.ishiuchi.or.jp/guide/live.html, camera titles: ① the view of the Uonuma basin, from the summit of the mountain, ② Green Paradise Ski Slopes, ③ Ginza tourist port side slopes, ④ Ginza Slopes and half pipe slopes, ⑤ Hatsuka stone summit slopes, ⑥ Kitamaruyama Ski slopes, address: Ishiuchi Maruyama Ski Resort, 1782-2 Minamiuonuma-shi, Niigata 949-6372
- Minamiuonuma City, URL: http://www.iiji3so.com/pc/, address: Iiji Sanso, 2056 Maiko, Minamiuonuma-shi, Niigata 949-6423, camera title: Maiko Snow Resort taken from Iiji Sanso, site title: Maiko Snow Resort Iijisanso
- Nakauonuma-gun, URL: http://www.otochi.com/, camera title: Akiyamago, site title: Yamagen Woodworking, address: Yamagen Woodworking, 97 Oakasawatei, Tsunan-machi, Nakauonuma-gun, Niigata 949-8317
- Minamiuonuma-gun, URL: http://www.princehotels.co.jp/ski/kagura/, address: Kagura Ski Resort, 742 Mitsumata, Yuzawa-machi, Minamiuonuma-gun, Niigata 949-6211, camera title: Kagura main ski slopes, site title: Kagura Ski Resort
- Minamiuonuma-gun, URL: http://www.galaresort.jp/winter/webcam_center.html, address: GALA Yuzawa Ski Resort, 1039-2 Yuzawa, Yuzawa-machi, Minamiuonuma-gun, Niigata 949-6101, camer atitle: Central Area Live Camera, site titel: GALA YUZAWA SKI RESORT
- Yuzawa-machi, URL: http://www.princehotels.co.jp/ski/naeba/livecamera/, address: Naeba Ski Resort, 202 Mikuni, Yuzawa-machi, Minamiuonuma-gun, Niigata 949-6212, camera title: Large slope live camera, site title: Naeba Ski ResortJinnan cho, URL: http://www.muji.net/camp/CAMP/cgi-bin/LIVECAMERA.CGI?g=001, camera title: site title: MUJI Campground
- Niigata City, URL: http://www6.kaiho.mlit.go.jp/09kanku/niigata/livecamera.html, camera title: Video from Aganokawaguchi lighthouse, address: Niigata Coast Guard, 7-17 Matsuhamaminato, Kita-ku, Niigata-shi, Niigata 950-3127, site title: Maritime Informtion and Communication Agency
- Agano River, URL: http://www.hrr.mlit.go.jp/agano/genzai/live.html, camera title: Agano River disaster prevention information, site title: Agano River Office
- Shinano River, URL: http://www.hrr.mlit.go.jp/shinano/live/index.html, camera title: Shinano River Live Camera, site title: Shinanogawa River Office
- Mitsuke City, URL: http://www.city.mitsuke.niigata.jp/3381.htm, camera titles: Mitsuke City Live Camera, ① Imamachi Junior High School, ② Michinoeki Patio Niigata, ③ Mitsuke City Hall, ④ City Hospital, ⑤ Central Public Hall, ⑥ Nagino elementary school, ⑦ Tai Elementary School, site title: Mitsuke City Hall
- Shinano River, URL: http://www.hrr.mlit.go.jp/shinage/livecam.html, camera titles: Shinano River Downstream Live Camera, site title: Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport Hokuriku Regional Development Bureau Shinano River downstream river office
- Sanjo City, URL: http://www.city.sanjo.niigata.jp/gyousei/page00065.html, camera titles: Sanjo disaster prevention camera image, ① Igarashigawa right bank (from Tajima nursery), ② Igarashigawa – Komadegawa junction (from Iiyuratei), ③ Sanjo City Hall Sakae building, ④ Igarashigawa – from Eguchi fire pump hut, ⑤ Kakuma River, ⑥ Ohiragawa – from Ogibori water pipe bridge, ⑦ Igarashigawa – from Swan Township Park, ⑧ Omotegawa River, ⑨ Kariyata River, from Onikishinden, ⑩ Yoshidu River, from Shimohonai, site title: Sanjo City
- Arakawa River, URL: http://www.hrr.mlit.go.jp/uetsu/contents/river/observ/index.html, camera title: Real-time information of Arakawa, site title: Uetsu River National Highway Office
- Sekikawa River, URL: http://www.hrr.mlit.go.jp/takada/livecam/indexkawacctv.html, camera title: Sekikawa-Himekawa CCTV viewing page, site title: Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport Hokuriku Regional Development Bureau Takada River National Highway Office
- Joetsu City, URL: http://www.joetsu.ne.jp/livecam/, camera titles: ① Takada Park Nishibori North, ② Honcho dori, ③ Joetsu City Aquarium Museum, ④ Honcho shops Street, ⑤ Nougawa River, site title: Joetsu Town Infromation
- Joetsu City, URL: http://www.yukidaruma-kogen.com/green/index.php, address: Cupid Valley ski resort, Sugawa, Joetsu-shi, Niigata 942-0534, site title: Cupid Valley ski resort
- Myoko City, URL: http://www.sizenken.biodic.go.jp/live/view.php?camera_no=97, camera title: Pond Koyaike and Mt. Hiuchi, address: Myoko-shi, Niigata, site title: Internet Nature Information System
- Myoko City, URL: http://www.myoko-ubiquitous.jp/, camera titles: Myoko City Live Camera, ① Arai region Sakaemachi, ② Arai region Kubomatsubara, ③ Arai region Saruhashi, ④ Arai region Nagasawa, ⑤ Arai region Kamikozawa, ⑥ Myoko region Okemi, ⑦ Myoko area Sekiyama, ⑧ Myoko Kogen region Shinakakura, ⑨ Myoko Kogen region Sugino Sawa, ⑩ Myoko Kogen region Ikenotaira, ⑪ Myoko region Madarao, ⑫ Myoko area Sekiyama (Branch), site title: Myoko City
- Mt. Yakeyama, URL: http://doboku-bousai.pref.niigata.jp/yk_camera/index.html, camera titile: Yakeyama Onsen Information, Hiuchi No. 1 dam information, site title: Niigata yakeyama volcano monitoring system
- Rivers in Niigata Prefecture, URL: http://www.hrr.mlit.go.jp/yuzawa/bousai/info/ccvt.html, camera title: Yuzawa erosion control office disaster prevention information, site title: Yuzawa erosion control office
- Throughout the prefecture, URL: http://www.live-cam.pref.niigata.jp/, camera title: Niigata LIVE Camera, site title: Niigata,Furusato Information Bureau
Niigata Prefecture Tourism Information
Niigata Prefecture, which is located in the Sea of Japan side, is in contact with Yamagata Prefecture, Fukushima Prefecture, Gunma Prefecture, Nagano Prefecture and Toyama Prefecture. The prefectural population is about 2.37 million people, Niigata City, the prefectural capital, is a government-designated city of about 81 million people. The whole areas of the prefecture are specified in heavy snowfall, and some of them are specified in the special heavy snowfall.
The prefecture consists of 20 cities, 9 provinces, 6 towns and 4 villages. In Niigata prefecture there are mountainous regions such as Komagatake in Uonuma City, Nakanodake of Uonuma-Minamiuonuma, Hakkaisan of Minamiuonuma City, which are called Echigo three mountains, and the 11 mountains of the prefecture are specified in Japan hyakumeizan, 100 famous mountains in Japan.
In addition, the number of shrine in Niigata Prefecture is national one and there are about 4,780 shrines in the prefecture. The second place is Hyogo Prefecture in which tehre are about 3,800 shrines, and 3 place is Fukuoka Prefecture in which there are about 3,400 shrines.
The size of the area of Niigata Prefecture is 12,583 square kilometers and fifth place in the whole country, and its population was 1.66 million people and first place in the whole country in the census of 1888, which surpassed the population of Tokyo Metropolitan Government, 1.35 million people.
It is also said that many shrines were erected because it was the vast prefectural land and Japan’s leading rice plants where a lot of population could be fed. The prefectural land is divided into four regions, Joetsu region, Chuetsu region, Kaetsu region and Sado region. Although the domain system was abolished in 1871 and 13 counties was established in the current Niigata area, the 13 counties became the three prefectures, Niigata Prefecture, Kashiwazaki Prefecture and Aikawa Prefecture due to the subsequent prefectures integration, and later Niigata Prefecture was born in the form that it merged the other two prefectures.
The local cuisines are “Noppei-jiru,” the soup in which plenty of seasonal vegetables such as taro, burdock, lotus root and carrots are used and chicken and salmon are added, “Sasa Sushi,” the sushi rice on top of the bamboo leaves topped with ingredients and spices.