- Chibu Village, camera titles: (1) Mt. Akahage Live Camera, address: (2) Hotel Chibunosato Live Camera, address: Mt. Akahage, Chibu-mura, Oki-gun, Shimane-ken 684-0100, Hotel Chibunosato, 1243-1 Nibu, Chibu-mura, Oki-gun, Shimane-ken 684-0105, site title: Chibu Village Official Website
- Mihonoseki Lighthouse, Matsue City, camera title: the landscape near the Mihonoseki Lighthouse (the statsu of the Sea), address: Miihonoseki Lighthous, Mihonoseki, Mihonoseki-cho, Matsue-shi, Shimane-ken 690-1501, site title: Sakai Coast Guard
- Matsue City, camera title: TSK LIVE CAMERA, address: San-in chuo television broadcasting co.,ltd., 140-1 Mukojima-cho, Matsue-shi, Shimane-ken 690-0841, site title: San-in chuo television broadcasting co.,ltd.
- Matsue Station, Matsue City, address: Matsue City, site title: San-in Net, Internet Broad Band Service, camera title: The Present Matsue Station, view from SECOM Sanin Co., Ltd.
- Izumohinomisaki Lighthouse, Izumo City, address: Izumo Hinomisaki Lighthouse Sakai Coast Guard, Hinomisaki, Taisha-cho, Izumo-shi, Shimane-ken 699-0763, site title: Sakai Coast Guard Web Site, camera title: the view of Izumohinomisaki lighthouse (the sea statsus)
- Matsue-jo Castle, Matsue City, address: Horo-machi, Matsue City, Shimane, site title: Web Sanin, camera title: Matsue-jo Castle Area from the roof of the office
- Enogawa River and Takatsu River, address: Hamada City, Shimane, site title: Hamada Rivers and National Highway Office, camera title:River Views, Click the links along the rivers in the map.
- Rivers, Shimane, address: Izumo River Office, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Enyaarihara-cho, Izumo-shi, Shimane-ken 693-0023, site title: Izumo River Office, camera title: Hii River water system live camera
- Kirara Beach, Izumo City, address: Kirara Taki, 135-1 Taki, Taki-cho, Izumo-shi, Shimane-ken 699-0902, site title: Kirara Taki, camera title: Kirara Beach Live Camera, Click the two white Japanese camera links below “Kirara Beach Live Camera.”
- Izumo Enmusubi Airport, Izumo City, camera title: JAL Weather Information, Izumo Enmusubi Airport Live Camera, address: Izumo Airport, 2608 Okinosu, Hikawa-cho, Izumo-shi, Shimane-ken 699-0551, site title: Japan Airlines
- Izumo Enmusubi Airport, Izumo City, address: Izumo Enmusubi Airport, 2608 Okinosu, Hikawa-cho, Izumo-shi, Shimane-ken 699-0551, site title: Izumo Airport Terminal Building Co.,Ltd.
- Izumo Taisha Kando Street, Izumo City, camera title: Izumo Taisha (Kando Street) Live Camera, address: Kandodori Omotenashi Station (Tourist Information Office), 780-4 Kizukiminami, Taisha-cho, Izumo-shi, Shimane-ken 699-0711, site title: Shimane Tourist Navi
- Rivers and Roads, Misato Town, address: Misato Town Hall, 168 Misato-cho, Ochi-gun, Shimane-ken 699-4621, site title: MISATO TOWN, Shimane Prefecture, camera title: Misato Live Camera, Click the blue and the red icons in the map. The blue icons are the live cameras of the river and the red ones are the ones of the road.
- Okuizumo-cho, Nita-gun, address: Okuizumo Town Hall, 358-1 Okuizumo-cho, Nita-gun, Shimane-ken 699-1511, site title: Welcome to the Town of Okuizumo, village of myth and romance, Click the photos in the top left corner of the site.
- Miinohara Ski Resort, Okuizumi-cho, Nita-gun, camera title: Okunotani Ski Slope and Ashihara Ski Slope Live Camera, address: Miinohara Ski Resort, Yakawa, Okuizumi-cho, Nita-gun, Shimane-ken 699-1811, site title: Miinohara Ski Resort
- Ishimi Osaki Hana Lighthouse, Gotsu City, camera title: Iwami Osakihana Lighthouse, address: Iwami Osakihana Lighthouse, Hashi-cho, Gotsu-shi, Shimane-ken 699-3161, site title: Hamada Coast Guard
- Masuda River, Masuda City, address: Daiken Consultant Co., Ltd., 55 Otani-cho, Masuda-shi, Shimane-ken 698-0012, site title: DAIKEN CONSULTANT CO., LTD., camera title: Masuda River Live Camera, Click the last menu between the two photos in the top part of the site.
- Masuda City, camera title: Live Masuda “River monitoring and scenic camera,” address: Masuda City Hall, 1-1 Tokiwa-cho, Masuda-shi, Shimane-ken 698-0023, site title: Masuda City Official Website
- National Route 54, camera title: National Route 54 Live Camera, address: Ministry of Land and Infrastructure Matsue National Highway Office, 2-6-28 Nishitsuda, Matsue-shi, Shimane-ken 690-0017, site title: Ministry of Land and Infrastructure Matsue National Highway Office
- National Route 9, camera title: National Route 9 Live Camera, site title: Ministry of Land and Infrastructure Matsue National Highway Office
- National Routes in Shimane Prefecture, camera title: Hamada River and National Route Office Winter Camera Released Videos, address: Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport Hamada River National Highway Office, 3973 Aioi-cho, Hamada-shi, Shimane-ken 697-0034
- Roads in Shimane Prefecutre, camera title: Shimane Prefecture Road Camera Information, address: Shimane Prefectural Government Civil Engineering Department Road Maintenance Section, 8 Tonomachi, Matsue-shi, Shimane-ken 690-0887, site title: Shimane Prefecuture
- Rivers in Shimane Prefecture, camera title: Shimane Prefecture Flood Control Information System River Camera, address: Shimane Prefectural Government Office South Building, Prefectural Government River Division, 8 Tonomachi, Matsue-shi, Shimane-ken 690-0887, site title: Shimane Prefectural Government
Shimane Prefecture Tourism Information
The prefectural capital of Shimane Prefecture is Matsue City. The population of the prefecture is about 7 million people, and the population of Matsue City is approximately 200,000 people. The land of the prefecture was once called “Izumonokuni (Izumo Province)”, “Iwaminokuni (Iwami Province)”, or “Okinokuni (Oki Province).” Island of Oki and Takeshima Island also belong to the Shimane Prefecture. There are tourism resources such as “Izumo Taisha,” “Iwami Silver Mine”, “Matsue-jo Castle”, “Lake Shinji”, “Tamatsukuri Onsen”, and “Oki Island”.
“Izumo Taisha” is the Shinto shrine dedicated to Okuninushi Okami, which was built in 659 AD. Shimane Prefecture is said to be the hometown of the gods and the country of the gods, and “Izumo Taisha Shrine” has been said that when it comes to October in lunar calendar every year it is the place for the meeting where the gods of eight million also from all over the country gather. October is called “Kannaduki,” which means “the month of no-gods”, because the gods are absent in Japan, but only in Shimane Prefecture it is called “Kamiariduki (the month of gods there),” because the gods come to the prefecture.
In addition, Okuninushi Okami of Izumo Taisha Shrine is faith as the “God of marriage” that preside over the edges of the people, and worshipers visit from all over the country.
Matsue-jo Castle in Matsue City is one of the 12 existing castle towers in Japan and was constructed in 1611 by the founder lord of Matsue clan, Horio Yoshiharu. “Lake Shinji” in northeastern part of Shimane Prefecture is the lake of domestic seventh the size of the79 square kilometers and the circumference of about 45km. It is the brackish water lake in which freshwater and seawater mix enters, and about 90% of the catch is clams. The beauty of the setting sun is famous and it is chosen as one of the famous hundred sunsets elected in Japan. The local cuisines of Shimane are the “clam juice” in which the Corbicula japonica that is caught in the Lake Shinji is used and the “Izumo Soba” that is made of the buckwheat flour obtained by subtracting each shell the fruit of buckwheat.