- Wakayama City (currently unavailable), address: Isonoura, site title: Surfing Federation of Wakayama Prefecture
- Kitan Strait, camera title: Kitan Strait from Kishu Kada and Wakayama City (Kada), site title: Internet Nature Information System
- Iwade City, camera title: landscape of Negoroji from a camera installed in Maeyama, live for 24 hours, site title: Iwade City Hall
- Hidaka-cho, Hidaka-gun, camera title: Hidaka Town Live Camera, camera 1: Ubuyu River sluice camera (Ubuyu coast: towards the north), camera 2: Minamide River floodgates camera (Ubuyu coast: towards the south), camera 3: Hii River floodgates camera (Hii Fishing Port), camera 4: Koura River floodgates camera (Koura Coast), site title: Hidaka town hall
- Kainan City, site title: Information System of Disaster, camera titles: Nogami Shinbashi, camera, Newbridge, Kainan City Fire Department, Harbor disaster prevention management office, management: Kainan City Hall
- Ryujin village Tanabe, Koya Ryujin skyline look around Gomadanzan, Tourism Association Ryujin
- Ryujin village Tanabe, camera title: Ryujin administrative office live camera, camera 1: Hidaka River, 2: Pier, 3: Hidaka River Upstream, 4: Hidaka River Downstream, site title: Tanabe City
- Minabe Town, Hidaka-gun, camera titles: Sakai Fishing Port, Kokuminshukusha (National Dormitory), Near the mouth, Kishu Minabe Royal Hotel, Iwashiro Elementary School, Plum Promotion Hall, Omedu Water Gate, Sakura River Water Gate, Hegawa River confluence, Shimanose Dam, Kiyokawa Chuzai, site title: Minabe Town Disaster Prevention and Disaster Information System
- Shirahama-cho, Kushimoto-cho and Tanabe-shi, The state of the coast of Hiki, Kushimoto and Tanabe, site title : Fishing tackle shop “Tsuritaro”
- Shirahama Aquarium Museum, address: Shirahama-cho, Nishimuro-gun, Wakayama, site title: Kyoto University Live Camera
- Shirahama-cho, address: 868 Shirahama-cho, Nishimuro-gun, Wakayama 649-2211, camera title: Shirarahama seen from the rooftop of the hotel, site title: Kishu Shirahama Onsen, Hotel Musashi
- Sandanheki, Shirahama-cho, address: Shirahama-cho, Nishimuro-gun, Wakayama, site title: Nanki Shirahama Sandanheki, “Sandanheki-Dokutsu Cave
- Shirahama-cho, address: 3079-2 Shirahama-cho, Nishimuro-gun, Wakayama, site title: Seafood Restaurant “Jinriki”
- Kamitonda Town, Nishimuro, camera title: Kamitonda Town Disaster Prevention and Sightseeing Cameras, site title: Kamitonda town hall
- Kasuga, Shingu City, Shingu City Area, Shingu City Hall
- Kozagawa town, Higashimuro, camera titles: Takinohai, Nanagawa Dam, Kozagawa Town Hall, site title: Kozagawa town hall
- Shionomisaki Lighthouse, site title: Maritime Information and Communication System
- Kinokawa City, address: 391 Takebusa, Kinokawa-shi, Wakayama 649-6413, camera title: Kinokawa Flight Park LIVE, site title: USTREAM
- Kushimoto Marine Park, camera title: Kushimoto Marine Park (Sea Landscape), address: Arita, Kushimoto-cho, Higashimuro-gun, site title: Internet Nature Information System
- Kushimoto, Higashimuro-gun, address: Kushimoto, Kushimoto-cho, Higashimuro-gun, Wakayama, camera title: Marine Center Beach, site title: Kushimoto Marin Center
- Kushimoto Higashimuro-gun, address: Takatomi, Kushimoto-cho, Higashimuro-gun, Wakayama, camera title:Beach in front of Orange House, site title: Diving Store Orange House
- Kushimoto Higashimuro-gun, site title: Weather camera from Kushimoto-cho pier, camera title: Kushimoto Ohashi Bridge direction from the pier, management: Guest House “Chime”
- Kushimoto Higashimuro-gun, address: 1800 Kushimoto, Kushimoto-cho, Higashimuro-gun, Wakayama, site title: Kushimoto-cho, the southernmost town in Honshu, Kushimoto town main hall (old Kushimoto town hall)
Wakayama Prefecture Tourism Information
The prefectural capital is Wakayama City. The prefectural population is about one million people and the population of Wakayama City is about 37 million people. Many forest enough to be called a country of wood and 80% of the prefectural land is mountainous. Agriculture is a thriving, and tangerine, plum, Hassaku, Jabara (Citrus Jabara), persimmon and pepper are first or second position of the value of shipments in the nation. “Jabara (Citrus Jabara)” is the fruit of citrus that is the same of Yuzu (citron) and Cabos (Citrus sphaerocarpa), and Kitayama is famous locality. It is said that it was named “Jabara” from the meaning of “drive away evil spirits (“Jaki” means evil spirits and “bara” means drive away in Japanese)”. There are local cuisines such as “Mehari-zushi (Mehari Sushi)”, rice balls wrapped in salted leaves of mustard, “Kujira no Tatsutaage (fried whale)”, fried whale fillets that were immersed in such soy sauce and ginger oil and coated with potato starch. There are “Wakayama Castle” , “Wakaura”, “Koyasan” and “Kumano three mountains” as tourism resources in the prefecture. “Wakayama Castle” is the castle Toyotomi Hideyoshi gave in 1585 to his younger brother Toyotomi Hidenaga at the time of Kishu conquest, and after the Battle of Sekigahara it had been ruled by Asano Yoshinaga, but the tenth child of Tokugawa Ieyasu, Tokugawa Yorinobu, entered the castle in 1619, and it became Tokugawa Gosanke (the three branch families of the Tokugawa house) and the birth of the Kishu Tokugawa clan. The Tokugawa Shogunate Eighth Shogun as famous ruler of virtue, Tokugawa Yoshimune, was the original fifth feudal lord of Kishu Tokugawa clan, and became the Shogun after he was adopted and became one of the Edo Tokugawa house. “Koyasan” of Koya-cho in Ito-gun is the sacred place of training that Kukai opened in 819 AD. It is the major religious temple city in which, including the Kongōbu-ji temple, there are more than 100 temples and altitude 1000m class mountains, and it is the Holy Land of Japanese Buddhism, along with Hieizan (Mount Hiei). In 2004, Pilgrimage Routes of Koyasan were added to our catalog on UNESCO world cultural heritage as “Sacred Sites and Pilgrimage Routes in the Kii Mountain Range”.
“Kumano Sanzan (Kumano Three Mountains)” that are registered as a part of the cultural heritage refer to Kumano Hongu Taisha, Kumano Hayatama Taisha and Kumano Nachi Shrine. , Retired Emperor Shirakawa, Retired Emperor Toba, Retired Emperor Goshirakawa at the time , and Retired Emperor Gotoba in the Kamakura period made repeated pilgrimages to Kumano Sanzan, which was also taken up in NHK Taiga Drama “Taira no Kiyomori” as “Kumano Moude (Pilgrimage)”.
Kumano developed as a sacred place of faith, but it went to decline gradually under the influence of religion policy in the Edo era and the Meiji era and of Shinto and Buddhism isolation measures. There are rich tourism resources along the coast such as “Shionomisaki”, which was chosen to one of the hundred election of Japan sunsets, a national natural monument “Hashigui-iwa (Hashigui Rock)”, “Kushimoto Marine Park”, which was registered in the Ramsar Convention, in the southernmost Honshu town, Kushimoto-cho.
“Sandanheki” of Shirahama-cho in Nishimuro-gun is the cliff that extends to the length 2km and the height 50m in southwest coast of Kii Peninsula, and it has attracted tourists as scenic spots of Nanki Shirahama. Superb view from the observatory of Sandanheki is the best, but it is possible to go by elevator to Sandanheki-Dokutsu Cave in the basement 36m, and you can see up close the waves surging into the cave.