- Kintaikyo Bridge, Iwakuni City, address: 1-14-51 Imazumachi, Iwakuni City, Yamaguchi 740-8585, site title: KINTAIKYO-BRIDGE, A Bridge for the future that our predecessors manufactured with dreams and wisdom
The live cam shows the curret Kintaikyo-Bridge. Enjoy the scenery and the surrondings of Kintaikyo.
- Mt. Koshoji and So Basin, Iwakuni City, address: So, Shuto-cho, Iwakuni City, Yamaguchi 740-0301, site title: Exploring Old Temple, Click the menu, the Live Cam from Chohoji,” above “Home,” in the left side fo the site.
- Hikari City Area, address: 6-1-1 Chuo, Hikari City, Yamaguchi 743-8501, site title: HIKARI CITY, camera title: EyeLive Hikari, camera #1 (the top): Mitarai Bay, #2 Itoko Memorial Park, #3 Nijigahama, Coast, #4 Murozumi Coast, #5 Shimada River, #6 Mitsui River, #7 Kanmuriyama Park, Click the “http://camera.city.hikari.lg.jp/” link below the “Eye Live Hikari” banner, then click the camera links in the left side of the side. web site: http://www.city.hikari.yamaguchi.jp/flanguage.htmlKasado Bridge, Kasao Island, and Shimomatsu City (currently paused), address: Shimomatsu City, Yamaguchi, site title: Shimomatsu City Private Guide
- Sanami River, Bofu City, address: 1-10-20 Kokuga, Bofu City, Yamaguchi 747-8585, site title: National Highway and River Office Yamaguchi, Chugoku Development Bureau, Land, Infrastructure and Transportation Ministry, camera #1 (the lett): Shitsuo Camera, #2 Kamiuda Camera, #3 Shinbashi Camera
- FM Yamaguchi, address: Midorimachi 3, Yamaguchi City, Yamaguchi, site title: FM Yamaguchi Co., Ltd., the left camera: FM Yamaguchi Studio, the right camera: the view from the second floor of the office
- YOUNG AUTO Co., Ltd., Yamaguchi City, address: 1845-1Kamigo, Ogoori, Yamaguchi City, Yamaguchi 754-001, view: car store
- Roadside Station Mitoh (currently unavailable), address: 5439-1 Ota, Mito-cho, Miya City, Yamaguchi 754-0211, site title: The Shopping Center Saisai Mitoh
- Akiyoshidai, Akiyoshido, address: Akiyoshi, Akiyoshi-cho, Miya City, Yamaguchi 754-0511, site title: Karusuto.com, Miya City Tourism Site, Click the green banner of the live cam in the center of the site.
- Nagato City Area, address: Higashi Fukawa, Nagato City, Yamaguchi 759-4101, site title: Nagato City Office, camera titles: #1(the top) Nagato City Office, #2 Misumi, #3 Yuya, #4 Hioki, #5 Tawarayama, #6 Shibuki
- Mishima Kita Lighthouse, address: 1026-2 Senzaki, Nagato City, Yamaguchi 759-4106, site title: Senzaki Coast Guard, Maritime Information and Communication System, web site: http://www6.kaiho.mlit.go.jp/kisyou_en.html
- Hinoyamashita Tide Signal Station, Shimonoseki City, address: 3-1 Mimosusogawa-cho, Shimonoseki City, Yamaguchi, site title: Moji Coast Guard, Maritime Information Communication System
- Kanmon Strait, Shimonoseki City, address: 8-25 Mimosusogawa, Shimonoseki City, Yamaguchi, site title: Kanmon.TV, the Internet Broadcasting Station of Shimonoseki and Moji, camera title: KANMON Live Camera, the left camera: the view of the Kanmon Strait, the right camera: the upcoming view of the Strait
- Kanmon Strait, Shimonoseki City, address: 6-1 Karato-cho, Shimonoseki City, Yamaguchi 750-005, site title: Kamonwharf
- Doigahama, Shimonoseki City, address: 8174 Kamiejiri Kita, Kanda, Toyokita-cho, Shimonoseki City, Yamaguchi 759-6121, site title: Doigahama Beach, the beach house, “Nankai no Ie”
- Yanai City, Hirao Town, Kaminoseki Town, site title: Disaster Information Service System, camera #1 Yanai City Office, #2 Obatake Branch of Yanai City, #3 Shinjo Elementary School, #4 Hirao Boat Park, #5 Jinkayama Tomb Park, #6 Hirao-cho Branch, Yamaguchi Fishery, #7 Okuni Community Center, #8 Kaminoseki Central
Community Center, #9 Shiroyama Historical Park, Kaminoseki, #10 Nakanoura Tourist Facility
- Roads in Yamaguchi, site title: Yamaguchi Road Information, Road View Navi, Click the far right link of the cameras among the three menus next to the map in the right side of the site. Then, click the road photo images below the menu.
Yamaguchi Prefecture Tourism Information
The prefectural capital of Yamaguchi Prefecture is Yamaguchi City. The population of the prefecture is approximately 1.4 million people. The prefecture was once called “Nagato Country” and “Suo Country,” and it was governed by Mr. Mouri during Warring States period. It became Yamaguchi Prefecture in 1871 after abolition of feudal domains and establishment of prefectures. In the end stage of the Tokugawa Shogunate, Choshu-han (the old name of Yamaguchi Prefecture) was conquested by the Tokugawa Shogunate, but Chosuhu-han (Choshu Clan) won thanks to the success of Kiheitai that was led by Shinsaku Takasugi et al. Choshu-han played a central role in the Meiji Restoration through the Satchō Alliance that Ryoma Sakamoto mediated. This historical background made Yamaguchi Prefecture the land of strong political tone and political climate, and it already produced nine prime ministers.
Yamaguchi City, which is in central part of the prefecture, has only 190,000 inhabitants despite it is the prefetural capital of Yamaguchi. The population of Shimonoseki City is about 280,000, Ube City about 170,000, Iwakuni City about 140,000, Shunan City about 150,000.
There are tourism resources such as “Kintai-kyo Bridge,” “Yanai no Shirokabe (Yanai’s White Wall),” “Hofu Tenmangu,” “Akiyoshi-dai and Akiyoshi-dou,” “Tokiwa Park,” “Kanmon Strait,” “Ganryu-jima (Island).” “Kintaikyo Bridge” in Iwakuni is a five arched wooden bridge that is specified in the nationally designated scenic spot. In the era of Iwakuni Clan in the 17th century, at the time when bridges had been flowing out often by the flood of Nishikigawa, it was “Kintaikyo-Bridge” that was built by bringing together the crystal essence of the technology of the time to continue to study the bridge that is not shed. It was the bridge that was kept alive for over 200 years after the reconstruction of 1,674, until it was flowed out by the typhoon Kijia in 1950.Reconstruction work was completed in 1953 and then bridged replacement work was performed from 2001 to 2004. “Kintaikyo-Bridge” was built with the advanced technology that is no comparable even when viewed from modern building technology.
“Hofu Tenmangu” in Hofu City is the shrine dedicated to the god of learning, “Michizane Sugawara,” and was founded in 904 AD. The shrine is crowded with worshipers of students during exam seasons every year because it is the god of learning. “Akiyoshidai” in the city of Miya is Japan’s limestone plateau in Japan (karst plateau) and was the bottom of the sea 300 million years ago. As a special national treasure, it is an attraction of the prefecture’s premiera along with “Akiyoshi-do (Akiyoshi Sinus).” “Akiyoshi-dou (sinus)” is Japan’s largest limestone cave and 1km out of total length 8.9km is open as a tourist route. Including “Akiyoshi-dou (sinus)” 450 caves have been found in “Akiyoshi-dai” and they are distributed throughout the Akiyoshidai.
Also, there are famous local cuisines of Yamaguchi Prefecture such as “Iwakuni Zushi (Sushi of Iwakuni),” which is said that it was made by an order of a lord in preparation for battle, and “Fuku Ryouri (cuisine of good fortune),” a cuisine of blowfish that is called “Fuku (good fortune)” for good luck.